Season Preview Guides
- The Spring 2017 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 1)
- The Winter 2017 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 4)
- The Fall 2016 Anime Preview Guide (Sep 30)
- The Summer 2016 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 1)
- The Spring 2016 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 1)
- The Winter 2016 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 6)
- The Fall 2015 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 1)
- The Summer 2015 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 2)
- The Spring 2015 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 3)
- The Winter 2015 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 6)
- The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 2)
- The Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 16)
- The Spring 2014 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 3)
- The Winter 2014 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 10)
- The Fall 2013 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 8)
- The Summer 2013 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 16)
- The Spring 2013 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 9)
- The Winter 2013 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 4)
- The Fall 2012 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 1)
- The Summer 2012 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 4)
- The Spring 2012 Anime Preview Guide (Mar 31)
- The Winter 2012 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 6)
- The Fall 2011 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 1)
- The Summer 2011 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 4)
- The Spring 2011 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 2)
- The Winter 2011 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 4)
- The Fall 2010 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 10)
- The Summer 2010 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 15)
- The Spring 2010 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 22)
- The Fall 2009 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 12)
- The Spring 2009 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 14)
- The Fall 2008 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 4)
- The Spring 2008 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 8)
- The Fall 2007 Anime Season Guide (Oct 21)
- The Spring 2007 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 22)
- The Fall 2006 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 22)
- The Spring 2006 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 19)
- The Fall 2005 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 20)
- Anime News Network 2005 Spring Preview (May 13)
- The Summer 2004 Anime Preview Guide (May 9)
- The Spring 2004 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 26)
- The Fall 2003 Anime Preview Guide (Oct 20)
- A Midsummer's 2003 Anime Preview Guide (Jul 26)
- The Summer 2003 Anime Preview Guide (Apr 15)
- The Spring 2003 Anime Preview Guide (Jan 15)
- The Fall 2002 Anime Season Preview Guide (Oct 11)
Some anime only show on one channel in Japan, while others, like Attack on Titan, wind up on a dozen stations across the country - why is that? ― Kevin asks: Every once in a while I see an anime with a TV station logo which makes me wonder. Why do some anime shows only be on a single network? Like most of Toei shows are only on Fuji TV and naruto is only on TV Tokyo. Why do these studios get there s...
James Beckett gets one last good look at the first hit season of DanMachi - and takes a little time to appreciate it. PLUS: this week's new anime releases! ― As you may have noticed while reading my initial episode review, I'm having a lot of fun watching KADO The Right Answer this season. It's kind of a slow series and my brain hurts from keeping track of all the characters, but it's also the kind ...
One of the best fantasy series of the early 2000s is finally available again on Bluray. Theron Martin takes it for a spin. ― This 24 episode light novel adaptation originally aired during the Spring and Summer seasons of 2003 and saw its first DVD release in the U.S. in 2005-06, with its last Complete Collection rerelease being in 2007. Its original DVDs have aged rather poorly, as they are notorious...
This sweet shojo love story comes to a charming conclusion, as love triangles resolve without getting too hairy. Rebecca Silverman reflects on if this romance is worth reading. ― One of the best things about a short series is that they end. That may sound a bit too obvious to merit stating, but a short-and-sweet series, if done right, can be incredibly fulfilling. That's the case with Yoko Nogiri's T...
The List goes a few levels deeper than usual this week, with a look at "fictional" anime that were created only to exist inside of other series—but ended up becoming real anime after all! ― Anime is an inescapable aspect of Japanese culture. Even if you live in Japan and don't watch late-night anime series, there's still video games, local moe mascots, and prominent advertising at major train statio...
This behind-the-scenes look at the clean-up effort following the Fukushima disaster is rich with narrative and artistic detail. Theron Martin explains what makes this biographical manga so unique. ― Manga is so typically a disposable entertainment form that it can be easy to lose sight of how compelling a format it can be when devoted to serious, non-dramatized nonfiction accounts. This is just such ...
The entries are in, and now it's time for ANN's readers to pick the winners. Lots of prizes available just for voting! ― Contest Giveaway Manga Sale 1. Contest Details Vote for your favorite Attack on Titan re-enactment photo! If you have a BookWalker account, you'll also be eligible for some AMAZING PRIZES. To participate, fill out the form below. Contest ends April 30th, 2017 11:59 PM EDT. Winners...
Back in the 80s and 90s anime fansubs were distributed entirely on VHS tape - a whole ecosystem of tape sharing and trading that no longer exists. Justin breaks it down. ― Michael asks: Every once in a while, I'll stumble across old VHS fansubs; the unique quirks (like Kodocha's purple tapes) are absolutely fascinating. Were things like custom labels or tapes and fancy splashscreens common back then...
Persona 5 drops the usual trappings of heroism, instead presenting a world of thieves and underdogs taking on corrupt authority figures. Gabriella Ekens explores what makes Persona 5's story so different. ― If you'd been following Persona 5 at all before release, you might have heard the developers throwing around a certain word: “picaresque.” Since this is a literary term, I was surprised to see it ...
This supernatural workplace comedy takes on a fun premise that manages to avoiding some of the more tired aspects of its genres, even if it doesn't stand out much either. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Think The Devil is a Part-Timer meets Working!!. There's a Demon Lord on the Floor's first volume introduces a story that feels very much like a combination of those other two series' premises – ...