Monthly Hero's Magazine's Manga Titles Listed
posted on 2011-10-17 21:00 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website of Shogakukan's new monthly seinen manga magazine Monthly Hero's revealed the magazine's lineup on Monday. The new magazine will feature eight works:
- Ultraman by Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi
- Gin no Keroberos (Keroberos of Silver) by naked ape's Otoh Saki and Berry Star
- Dragon Effect: Ryouma Sakamoto Ibun by Ryoichi Ikegami, K STORM, and Yorifusa Yamaguchi
- Majestic Prince by Rando Ayamine and Hikaru Arashima
- Hero Company by Kazuhiko Shimamoto
- Kaiketsu El-Malo (Pirates El-Malo) by Noriyoshi Inoue, Fukuhachi Itō, Toshihiro Nakagawa
- Blue Nest by JUN and TAIBOGI
- Sengoku Saga: Fuu Makaze Shinden by Motoka Murakami, Masataka Miyamoto, Ichirō Kawano
The Comic Natalie already revealed in July that the magazine would feature a new Ultraman manga from the Linebarrels of Iron team of Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi.
The magazine's website is streaming a video of AKB48 members reading dialogue from the new works. Visitors to the website can also read a short preview of some of the works, with previews of the rest becoming available on October 20.
Shogakukan will launch Monthly Hero's exclusively at 7-Eleven convenience stores in Japan on November 1. Each magazine issue will retail for 200 yen (about US$2.60), less than the usual 400 to 500 yen (US$5.20 to US$6.50) that most monthly manga magazines charge. Shogakukan plans to set the magazine's circulation at 200,000 copies (or about 15 copies per store). Shogakukan is also planning anime adaptations of some of the magazine's serialized works. Shogakukan plans to market the new magazine through storefront sales promotions, television commercials, and train advertisements.
Source: Anime Anime Japan
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history