Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru Film Gets 10-Episode Prologue Drama
posted on by Sarah Nelkin
Japanese broadcasting system Fuji TV announced on Tuesday that it will begin broadcasting a Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru Side Story ~Boku to Kanojo ga Deau Mae no Monogatari~ (A Story of Before She and I Met) prologue live-action drama series to the live-action film adaptation of Kotomi Aoki's Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru manga. The ten episodes will air on Fuji TV for two weeks on weekdays on its late-night block from December 9, with each episode lasting 10 minutes. The full 15-minute versions of the episodes will be aired on the Fuji TV Two channel beginning on December 16.
The episode titles are as follows:
- Soakuhin Kara no Sotsugyō (Graduation From Inferior Goods)
- Aki no Gyōza ga Me ni Shimiru (The Vision of Autumn Dumplings Soak Into My Eyes)
- Kamaseinu ni Erabareta Hi (The Day the Underdog Was Chosen)
- Sakaguchi Shun no Tonari ni Ita Medatanai Otoko no Ko (The Boy Who Didn't Stand Out Beside Shun Sakaguchi)
- ON-GAKU Nante Shosen Business (In the End, Music is Business)
- Zettai Hito Mae de wa Renshuu Shinai (I Definitely Won't Practice in Front of People)
- Magatta Koto ga Dai Kirai (I Hate Twisted Things)
- Yū-chan no Kataomoi Nikki (Yū-chan's One-Sided Love Diary)
- Akogi to Ereki to Tanbarin ( Accoustic Guitar and Electric Guitar and Tambourine)
- Taisetsu na Hito e Okuru Uta (The Song I Send to My Precious Person)
The story of the manga and upcoming film centers around Aki Ogasawara, a "sound creator" who composes for the popular band Crude Play and earns more than 100 million yen (about US$1.3 million) a year. Despite this, he conceals all of this and calls himself a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training). Seeking a life outside of music, he begins seeing a high school girl named Riko Koeda. However, what Aki does not know is that Riko is actually a huge fan of Aki's music. Even with his girlfriend, Aki cannot escape the world of music.
The film stars Takeru Satoh (live-action Rurouni Kenshin) as Aki and newcomer Sakurako Ōhara as Riko. The film's cast also includes Shohei Miura, Masataka Kubota, Kōki Mizuta, and Kōdai Asaka as the Crude Play band members. The actors perform the movie's theme song. Ryō Yoshizawa, Yūki Morinaga, Takashi Sorimachi, Saki Aibu, and Mitsuki Tanimura round out the cast. The same cast is also returning for the drama.
The film will open on December 14.
Source: Oricon Style