Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches Anime Ad Features Image Song (Updated)
posted on by Karen Ressler
An official YouTube channel for the upcoming television anime Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) opened on Wednesday with a 30-second spot re-announcing the adaptation. The video states that the original manga has more than 2.2 million copies in print, and features the image song "ding!ging!dong!" by the main voice actors Ryota Ohsaka, Maaya Uchida, and Eri Kitamura. The song was used in the first OVA.
The cast includes:
- Ryota Ohsaka (Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara, Knights of Sidonia) as Ryū Yamada
- Saori Hayami (Is the order a rabbit?, Bakuman) as Urara Shiraishi
- Toshiki Masuda (Kimi no Iru Machi, Samurai Flamenco) as Toranosuke Miyamura
- Maaya Uchida (Date A Live II, Noragami) as Miyabi Itō
- Toshiharu Sasaki as Kentarō Tsubaki
- Eri Kitamura (Magic Kaito 1412, Knights of Sidonia) as Nene Odagiri
- Daisuke Ono (Terra Formars, Magi - The Kingdom of Magic) as Ushio Igarashi
- Jun Fukuyama (Blue Exorcist, Spice and Wolf) as Haruma Yamazaki
- Kana Hanazawa (Psycho-Pass, Steins;Gate) as Mikoto Asuka
- Yui Makino (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Angel Beats!) as Meiko Ōtsuka
- Yuki Takao (Kimi no Iru Machi, Blade & Soul) as Maria Sarashima
- Aoi Yuki (The Seven Deadly Sins, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as Noa Takigawa
- Masumi Tazawa (Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?) as Rika Saionji
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Kamisama Kiss, Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes) as Shinichi Tamaki
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintama, Macross Frontier) as Hideaki Tsurukawa
- Yuuki Ono (Kuroko's Basketball, Durarara!!×2) as Mitsuru Kameda
Tomoki Takuno ([email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA, Love Live! School idol project episode director) is directing anime at Liden Films with assistant director Fumiaki Usui. Michiko Yokote is writing and supervising the series scripts. Eriko Iida (Love Live! School idol project episode animation director) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. Yota Tsuruoka (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is the sound director, and Masaru Yokoyama is composing the music.
The manga's 15th compiled volume bundled the first anime DVD on December 17. The manga's 17th volume will bundle the second OVA and ship on May 15, 2015. (These anime will feature an original story and include hot spring scenes.)
Miki Yoshikawa launched the manga in 2012, and the series is currently running in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine. Crunchyroll is releasing manga chapters online overseas as they are published in Japan. The manga already inspired a live-action television adaptation that premiered in 2013.
The television anime premiere this spring.
Update: The Animate news site and retail store had reported on December 23 that Yoshikawa's original manga has more than 2.5 million copies in print.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history