Crunchyroll Adds Meow Meow Japanese History Anime
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Crunchyroll announced on Wednesday that it has added the Meow Meow Japanese History (Neko Neko Nihonshi) anime to its catalog. The site has added the previous first and second season episodes, and is simulcasting the new second season episodes. The series is available worldwide outside of Asia.
Crunchyroll also announced on Wednesday that it has added the following series to its catalog:
- The [email protected] Cinderella Girls (worldwide outside of Asia)
- Daily Lives of High School Boys (the U.S. and Canada)
- Jormungand (including the Jormungand Perfect Order sequel) (the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, and South Africa)
- Heat Guy J (the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa)
- Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings (including the sequel series) (U.S. and Canada)
- Garo: Crimson Moon (members in the U.S. and Canada, and premium members in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark)
Crunchyroll describes the second season of Meow Meow Japanese History:
The many great cats throughout Japan's history are back to strut their stuff in a new season. They continue to leave their mark on history, doing whatever they want, but what else would you expect from a cat? They get bored fast, and love to sharpen their claws and take naps. They might be scared of water and loud noises, but the amount of energy they display when they get excited is something to see! What kind of history will we see them create this time around?
Jormungand and its sequel Jormungand Perfect Order premiered in 2012. Funimation streamed both series as they aired in Japan. Funimation released the series in separate DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases in 2014, and re-released them in a combined release for DVD and Blu-ray Disc in 2016.
Heat Guy J premiered in 2002. Geneon previously released the series in seven DVD releases from 2003 to 2004. Funimation re-released the series on DVD in 2009.
Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings premiered in 2009, and its sequel series premiered in 2010. Funimation released the first season on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in 2010, and then released both series on DVD in 2012, and then on Blu-ray Disc in 2013.
Garo: Crimson Moon premiered in 2015. Funimation streamed the series as it aired in Japan. Funimation released the series in two DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases in January and May.