The Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series The Hottest Game In Town Arrives In Atlanta November 20-21
EL SEGUNDO, CA (October 14, 2010) – Atlantans can forget about football, at least for one weekend, as the real head-to-head competition will be happening on another type of playing field when the Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.'s (Konami) Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) stops in Atlanta, GA November 20th – 21st. Conveniently located in the hub of the southeast, the Atlanta YCS is expected to draw hundreds of young players who will spend the weekend Dueling in hopes of becoming the Champion of this premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) event.
The YCS will be held at the Georgia World Congress on November 20th – November 21st. Pre-registration will run from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. Friday, November 19th and resume promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 20th. Round One will begin at 10:00 a.m. The Top 16 YCS finishers, along with the top Duelists of the Sunday Regional Qualifiers, earn invitations to participate in their respective 2011 World Championship Qualifier events, to be held next year.
Georgia World Congress
285 Andrew Young International Boulevard, NW
Thomas B. Murphy Ballroom
Atlanta, GA 30313
Duelists, upon paying their registration fee, will receive five Starstrike Blast booster packs just for participating in Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series.
In addition to the main event, weekend activities include Public Events such as Regional Qualifiers, Tin Challenges, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mat, Dragon Duel and a tournament for the newest video game, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia. The top Duelist in the video game tournament will win ten booster packs.
Konami will award a set of the YCS prize cards to the main event winner, the two runners-up, and the winners of Sunday's Public Events playoffs. Each of these Duelists will receive one copy of each of the three YCS prize cards: Ultra Rare versions for the winner of the main event, and Super Rare copies for the others.
• 1st Place – Set of Ultra Rare YCS Prize Cards; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Game Mat; Netbook plus 500 BoosterPass Points for Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Duel Accelerator; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 2nd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; iPad Wi-Fi 32 GB; Konami iPad game codes to be used on the iPad; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 3rd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; 32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 4th place –32GB iPod Touch; Konami iPhone game codes to be used on the iPod Touch; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 5th – 8th place – DSi XL with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia ; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Duelist Revolution; Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
If attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:
• 17th – 32nd place – YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
Duelists unable to participate in the Atlanta event can watch up-to-the minute live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.Yu-Gi-Oh!-card.com/en/events.
For more information on Konami, the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME or the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series, please visit www.yugioh-card.com.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 22 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.Konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.Konami.com.
KONAMI is a registered trademark of KONAMI CORPORATION.