• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-12-08

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
Ahahaha! Poor Kevin. This is why you don't listen to it loud and always go for the radio button just in case. Even in serious moments in the real world anime comes right back.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
Haha, while I do keep my car clean and neat, I do have a CD in there with my favorite anime music. However, I only play it when I'm alone. I immediately go for the radio button when I start the car when others are present. Although, I do leave it on (not too loud) when I roll my windows down.

Hm, but I doubt the interviewer here won't know what's going on, or how embarrassing it is. But I suppose the high-pitched, cutesy voice would throw him off...
hakojo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
Pfff. If you ride in my car, the music's going to be loud, and it's going to be mostly in Japanese or composed by Japanese people, with a liberal sprinkling of random stuff from video games or the internet thrown in for good measure. It's a rule - accept it.

Also, there's nothing I love more than having new passengers think my taste in music is something resembling socially acceptable after a few tracks from Boom Boom Satellites, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, and/or Buck-Tick, only to have a Horie Yui song come on and ruin the illusion. I give the awkward silence a few moments to settle in, and then I start singing along.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
To be fair, it is ridiculous if the guy interviewing you for a job should ask you for a ride or even give a shit about what music is in your car. Your car and personal tastes have nothing to do with whether or not you can perform well in the job you're applying for.

But if the problem is the volume of the music, then what sort of music it is, is entirely irrelevant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
lolol... I've been caught in a.... well Embarassed .... similar situation (music I mean), so I feel for the guy... Smile Sorry Kevin.... Wink
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
Yeah, realistically, a loud music volume would be the bigger disturbance than anything else... but then its the universe of Anime News Nina so ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

On that note, Kevin should have had a Steve Conte or Jean-Jacques Burnel song playing instead... best anime vocals that don't sound like anime vocals ever! Or maybe Kevin doesn't have such refined tastes Laughing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 am Reply with quote
The facial expressions in the last two panels are priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quote
Totally laughing out loud at this one! The lyrics are even better, as it's pretty obvious that it's a cutesy maid singing it.

I've been on the other side of this one though. I got into my friend's red, 4-wheel drive truck only to find out that he had the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD turned on full blast.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:34 am Reply with quote
I'd be surprised if the interviewer actually knew what the song was about. And if he gets denied the job because of personal tastes then there's something wrong with that job.

Still laughing at the comic, though! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quote
Love it. Smile Based on the interviewer, did Kevin apply for a job at LiteStuffz?
NamaeX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote
When I saw the CD in the back seat I was thinking, "Wait, if there's a CD in the backseat, what's in the deck right no-KEVIN! DON'T-"
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
This one made me laugh harder than this strip has done in a long time. Laughing

...Not because I can relate or anything...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
There was a time when I could relate to Kevin, but nowadays I do this kinda thing to people on purpose Twisted Evil
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote
Kevin has never learned the art of lying, going by his expression in the last panels.
Dorian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quote
Poor Kevin…sigh… but great comic! Maybe the interview guy will turn out to be someone who likes anime. Will there be a sequel?
Always turn your speakers down before you turn you car off. Oh these modern times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3