• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail, Dragon Crisis, Buddha, Doraemon Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
"The blue-eyed "girl" turns out to be a dragon who is inexplicably fixated on Ryūji — following him even when he is bathing and sleeping."

This part of the show's description has to go. I thought it was going to be a cheesy fan-service-fest of the magical girlfiend variety. Then I watch the trailer and all I see is BLOW STUFF UP! I don't mind watching a show about "AWESOME PSYCHIC POWER EXPLOSIONS!!" every once in a while, and since I haven't found a decent one since the first season of Darker Than Black, I'll give this a try.
Olivine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Cannot wait for Dragon Crisis.
Kugimiya Rie! Explosions! Dragons! Yakuza! Kugimiya Rie! Bed and Bath Antics (apparently)!

not to mention Kugimiya Rie.

Salsaman1991 wrote:
]"The blue-eyed "girl" turns out to be a dragon who is inexplicably fixated on Ryūji — following him even when he is bathing and sleeping."

This part of the show's description has to go. I thought it was going to be a cheesy fan-service-fest of the magical girlfiend variety. Then I watch the trailer and all I see is BLOW STUFF UP! I don't mind watching a show about "AWESOME PSYCHIC POWER EXPLOSIONS!!" every once in a while, and since I haven't found a decent one since the first season of Darker Than Black, I'll give this a try.

Fanservicey magical girlfriend shows with magic (dragons aren't psychic, silly) powers and explosions obviously can't exist. Laughing Although, this doesn't look too fanservicey judging by the trailers/website.

But, I do agree the description needs changing. Here's a much better description.
"Dragon Crisis: a show staring Kugimiya Rie."

It's all we need to know. Very Happy

(edit: actually, judging from the dialogue in the trailer, this sounds a whole lot like Shakugan no Shana.)
------------------------BAD TRANSLATION INC------------------------------------

Ryuuji: "That time also, I was able to help Rose"
Rose: "I didn't know humans hated dragons."
Ryuuji: "Because of that, I will become even closer to my full potential..."
Ryuuji: "...to be able to be by Rose's side."
Rose: "It's ok, don't worry about me!"
Ryuuji: (not sure about this part, at all) "I said Kisaragi Ryuuji, I have a name! I am not to be ignored ( or is it "not a bug"?)"
Rose: "Ryuuji...Ryuuji!"
Ryuuji: "One more time, I want to meet her again."
Ryuuji: "Please, give me power!"

(edit 2)
Ok, so Rose is a red dragon. That explains the fire shooting. There's also a white dragon girl named Maruga, and a half-wolf girl named Ai, and a regular girl named 実咲 (dunno how to read it, Misaki, maybe?) that Ryuuji has a crush on. Ok, so here be's a harem show. Shocked

Last edited by Olivine on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 7 times in total
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:

"Dragon Crisis: a show staring Kugimiya Rie."

It's all we need to know. Very Happy

Yes.

That Fairy Tail promo for the OVA makes the show looks so much different than it actually is.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
So, is Dragon Crisis tsundere stuff?
Curses. Where's my yandere stuff. Not that I expected Dragon Crisis to have it anyway.

As for Fairy Fail... gonna love it. A new meaning to eye rape shall be invented the day this OVA appears.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Buddha looks pretty promising.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The Fairy Tail OAV really seems intent on squeezing in as much fanservice as it can, guys and girls both.

Dragon Crisis looks good, but the CG backgrounds are very distracting. I realize the whole point of the show is to be a CG production, but there's a noticeable difference between the characters and backgrounds.

I was already kinda interested in To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku, but the sequel Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta looks phenomenal even if it's just a colored animatic at this point. I'm definitely looking forward to this series!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
The first Buddha movie looks as though it will focus largely on the parts of the manga that laid out the setting before Siddhartha left home, which was all good stuff. Buddha is still my favorite work by Tezuka, with MW a close second, so I am paying close attention to this adaptation. Loving the music by Michiru Oshima, of course (though the love ballad by X-Japan seemed a little out of place).
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
The Fairy Tail OVA should be fun which I guess is about what I expected from the announcement saying it's a side story.

That's a lot more constant fanservice than usual lol, I do hope there's at least some sort of adventure here to go with it like when Lucy's sneaking into somewhere in the trailer. And actually the fanservice looks done well and doesn't seem totally uninspired I have to say, cat girl Lucy is quite win in design, needs more Erza too if adventure plus fanservice is going to be the focus of this bonus OVA she was only shown in the bath in a far away shot. Totally agree Emerje, it looks like they are going all out on the fanservice for this side story.

The premise of Dragon Crisis made me expect to hate it since I'm not big on romantic comedies at all but if that trailer doesn't end up misleading and there's really that much focus on action, drama, lots of different characters and a real story/plot beyond the "couple" then I may indeed check it out.

The Buddha trailer looks really cool and I've loved Michiru Oshima's music for a long time and in a whole bunch of shows most recently Xam'd, and that first song in the trailer was epic, can't wait to see and hear more.
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Despite the description, Dragon Crisis just made it on my list.

But that logo thingy up in the corner of the PV..."Dorakura?" xD Rie Kugimiya yelling "Ryuuji!" in a show with a combo name. Anybody else call that?

...Dorakura. It's so fun to say!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1