• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Survey: Top Winter Anime is Kimi ni Todoke 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keikanna44

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
I thought Kimi ni Todoke was a sweet show and I'm looking forward to watching the second season. I'm glad to see that the majority of people voted for that as the top anticipated winter anime. I thought Gosick would have gotten higher votes because it looked interesting to me but I haven't read the manga (if there is one not sure) so I don't know much about the show. I'm also looking forward to Level E for some reason. It looked like one of those shows that could surprise you.

Anyway not much to choose from in quality anime this winter so I hope Kimi ni Todoke second season doesn't disappoint me.
zetsuie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 am Reply with quote
I love kimi ni todoke, I'm in the process of a Kimi marathon as I type. Very Happy
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:35 am Reply with quote
Yay for Kimi ni Todoke. I think that many people who want to watch it are hoping there will be The Kiss.

Also, yay for Hourou Musuko. It's definitely a unique premise - I can't think of another title that dealt with the issues of transgenderism (flamboyant crossing dressing males don't count). I think this will be a very, very good show.

I do question why GOSICK is so anticipated. The premise alone should be raising eyebrows, and not in a good way. But if Tantei Opera Milky Holmes can be successful, then so can this one.
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:35 am Reply with quote
Ditto on the Kimi ni Todoke love. I participated in both surveys and listed this as my most anticipated this coming season, but very close to it is Infinite Stratos.
ayashe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
Kimi ni Todoke is so overrated. I knew it would be at the top though, since people love their mediocre shoujo.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
Hooray for Gosick! I'm so excited for that anime.

I just love the original novels and I'm so happy BONES is the studio doing the adaptation! Very Happy
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
...since people love their mediocre shoujo.

You know, I was going to respond and say "really?" because if this was true then you'd think a lot more shoujo titles would get anime adaptations. But then I started adding in, "I mean, I haven't seen Kimi ni Todoke, and I always thought Furuba's fandom seemed a little overkill for the show, and I guess Vampire Knight is popular and mediocre..." and kept thinking of more and more titles.

So I guess you're kind of right.

I want them to go back and finish off Ouran as an anime though. I was disappointed with the anime-only ending but now that the manga is done and they could animate the real ending, I'd love to see them do it. The voice acting and visuals were phenomenal in the show, and in some parts they actually made it funnier-- even if they lost some of the fantastic character development of the manga.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote
Well congrats on Kimi ni Todoke s2. I'm definitely going to watch it but I'm more excited for Gosick and Infinite Stratos. I will also give every Winter anime a chance Smile
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote
Glad to see a shoujo anime is getting some love. I know Kimi ni Todoke is the show I'm looking forward to the most this season. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
I want them to go back and finish off Ouran as an anime though. I was disappointed with the anime-only ending but now that the manga is done and they could animate the real ending, I'd love to see them do it. The voice acting and visuals were phenomenal in the show, and in some parts they actually made it funnier-- even if they lost some of the fantastic character development of the manga.

What made Ouran great for me was how it subverts nearly all the shoujo cliches. Instead of Sadako staring wistfully at Kazehaya like almost all shoujo do, Haruhi has no real romantic interest in Tamaki or pretty much any of the other hosts.

Personally (as I have stated before on this site) I am baffled at Kimi ni Todoke's success. I couldn't possibly think of a more doormat protagonist ("oh, you're making fun of me? That's okay, By the power of friendship this will turn out okay!") and a more stagnant relationship.

Meanwhile I wonder if we will get a Ouran second season or a Skip Beat! second season. Or getting a remake/sequel of Kare Kano would be awesome as well.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
giapet wrote:

What made Ouran great for me was how it subverts nearly all the shoujo cliches. Instead of Sadako staring wistfully at Kazehaya like almost all shoujo do, Haruhi has no real romantic interest in Tamaki or pretty much any of the other hosts.

Personally (as I have stated before on this site) I am baffled at Kimi ni Todoke's success. I couldn't possibly think of a more doormat protagonist ("oh, you're making fun of me? That's okay, By the power of friendship this will turn out okay!") and a more stagnant relationship.

Meanwhile I wonder if we will get a Ouran second season or a Skip Beat! second season. Or getting a remake/sequel of Kare Kano would be awesome as well.

agreed, I never really got into in kimi ni todoke. I watched a few episodes when it first came out and found it rather bland. It's one thing to have a heroine who isn't well liked, it's another to have one who isn't well liked and has no real personality besides. I couldn't really feel sorry for her or root for her because she's so weak as a character. There were like zero stand out characters and it was such a shame too because I really wanted to like it.

That aside I'm really looking forward to gosick. I love mysteries, female leads, and things set in the victorian era. And as an added plus it's being handled by bones so it'll more than likely turn out looking gorgeous.
Aothan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Mediggo wrote:

haha, that's terrible of you to attack all-that-is-sweet Sawako. And yet much as I enjoyed the first season I am a little apprehensive how a second season can be accomplished without substantially developing the main character. Something of a dilemma..
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
Kimi ni Todoke is so overrated. I knew it would be at the top though, since people love their mediocre shoujo.
To hit #1 via 16% of the vote could easily be like one of those Oscar wins where there are more popular entries but they end up splitting their support.

It would be interesting to have people vote top three or top five rankings and run it through an automatic run-off.
NDenizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Considering the entire fanbase of Shojo fans, KnT getting top doesn't surprise me, especially being a sequel.

At the very least, Fractale, Hourou Musuko and Gosick get some mentions. I imagine they have some potential.
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
Kimi ni Todoke is just good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2