• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Gonna Make a Sentimental Journey

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:55 am Reply with quote
Sentimental Journey = female Boys Be...?
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:19 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Sentimental Journey = female Boys Be...?
lol

you know I have a bunch of crap from Sentimatal Graphiti and I've never played/watched anything from it.

its was cheap.

Ill probly rent this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:03 am Reply with quote
Glad I didn't buy Gravion.

As for Initial D....Friends Employee Discount!!! Very Happy
The Spatula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I was always under the impression that Sentimental Journey was a shounen title since it is based on the characters from the game Sentimental Graffiti as seen here.

I could be wrong, but a "girl-get" game strikes me as being aimed towards boys.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Man, I gotta get Neo Tokyo.
But I'm glad that Gravitation has actually gotten some negative press. I hated it when I saw it on fansub, but it semmed to me that everyone loved the series. Then again I hate alot of series that people seem to love.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Man, I gotta get Neo Tokyo.
But I'm glad that Gravitation has actually gotten some negative press. I hated it when I saw it on fansub, but it semmed to me that everyone loved the series. Then again I hate alot of series that people seem to love.

Sadly there's people that love anything that comes from Gonzo even if it's bad.
Rion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote
It's about time ADV released somthing like Neotokyo..... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I find most of their stuff is really unoriginal and cliche (which is why Im sure many people like them), and I usually don't like their animation (its often choppy and lacks detail, though there are some gems).
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Gravion = great mecha anime from gonzo
Gravation = yaoi anime

please don't mess the two up

personaly i enjoyed gravion it's got a slow, and i mean slow plot but on is there, and i can't wait for the second season to come out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:44 pm Reply with quote
The Spatula wrote:
I was always under the impression that Sentimental Journey was a shounen title since it is based on the characters from the game Sentimental Graffiti as seen here.

I could be wrong, but a "girl-get" game strikes me as being aimed towards boys.

It doesn't matter what genre the original game is. Sentimental Journey, as its own separate entity, is shoujo, because it's a story of girls and their love lives, and aimed towards female viewers.
The Spatula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Which is actually kind of odd, since Sentimental Graffiti was immensely popular among boys. Maybe it's because of this reason, the producers decided to make it shoujo, so it would appeal to female viewers.

I always ignored Sentimental Journey in the past because it seemed like the "same old-same old" harem anime type thing. Oh well, I'll check it out sometime.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
The Spatula wrote:
Which is actually kind of odd, since Sentimental Graffiti was immensely popular among boys. Maybe it's because of this reason, the producers decided to make it shoujo, so it would appeal to female viewers.

I always ignored Sentimental Journey in the past because it seemed like the "same old-same old" harem anime type thing. Oh well, I'll check it out sometime.

What I liked about it was that it wasn't harem at all. Just different chicks talking about their love lives. Not much relation to the game, actually.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Funny the first time. Amusing the second time. Quaint the third. Dead by the fourth.

No, no, no, Sakechan. The line is, "Once is funny, twice is enough, third time's a spanking." At least, I'm pretty sure that's what Beverly Cleary would say. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
The Spatula wrote:

What I liked about it was that it wasn't harem at all. Just different chicks talking about their love lives. Not much relation to the game, actually.
hmmmm Does sound like a female boys be Im gonna have to rent it now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo Dong wrote:
...explain why rhyming “Easy Breezy” and “Japanesey” in a song is a Hell-worthy trespass, even for Utada Hikaru.

It's gruesome, sure, but hardly original. It's a paraphrase of the expression "easy-peasy japanesy", which is (I believe) originally British, and probably predates WWII. Since it had become somewhat dated and vaudevillian in sound, it had more or less fallen out of use by the 1980s and early 1990s. However, in recent years, it has been made more common by its incidental use in the film The Shawshank Redemption (1994).

This has been a completely gratuitous factual interlude. We now return you to your regular nattering and grommishing.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2