• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Welcome to Anime News Network UK

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for welcoming us, Andrew.

Now, it would be most appreciated if I were not automatically redirected to the .co.uk domain each time I re-start my browser. I wish to have access to a full overview of the USA sub-forums when I select the forum tab, as I enjoyed previously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I think that forum issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the welcome. ANN UK will be my default ANN page as soon as they finish with the bugs (mainly the forum tabs).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Are colonials allowed to post here? Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:44 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Are colonials allowed to post here? Wink

After you serve my tea, Alfred.
ansible5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quote
Can I also second the removal of the automatic redirect as it is fast becoming a real annoyance for me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:45 am Reply with quote
Of course, sir - here's your delicious tea!

*watches egoist's face intently as he drinks it*

But yes, I imagine that automatic redirect thing must be annoying. From my end, for some reason I automatically get logged out when I'm in the USA section (which really should be re-named North America, dammit - we Canadians are the PILLAR of that section - the PILLAR, I tell you) and try to switch over to Merry Olde England or Oz. No big deal, but it would be nice to be able to switch back and forth without having to log in again.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quote
I don't have that problem. Have you ticked the "stay logged in" box in both sites, my dear sir?
Truered

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Thank you for welcoming us, Andrew.

Now, it would be most appreciated if I were not automatically redirected to the .co.uk domain each time I re-start my browser. I wish to have access to a full overview of the USA sub-forums when I select the forum tab, as I enjoyed previously.

Yay it wasn't just happening to me Razz

I stay logged on but when I go to the forums it's only ANN UK shown at first (btw are the other two locked forums just for show? Laughing )

On the plus side for some reason when I was first directed to ANN UK the skin I had for the site went, so I went to change it and now I have Asuka on the side of the forum Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 am Reply with quote
I do. And this time it didn't happen. Eh, I find that sometimes I get inexplicably logged out on the main site, as well. That's technology for ya. Or maybe ANN is trying to tell me something?
Fellistowe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome Andrew.

While the browser redirect was initially a little annoying, since I'm not missing anything from the main site now then hey, glad we Brits have our own bit of ANN to play with!
WIll certainly be good to start seeing more involvement from our UK industry here in time, and getting the UK news here saves me having to bounce around several sites every day hunting for news. ANN, I am now in your capable hands, please take good care of me *bows*

p.s. The Ulysses 31 clip, man, I grew up with that and cringe to look back on it now. Thank the gods for Akira...
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
The forum overview of the .com domain is now present on the .co.uk one. This being the case, I am now more tolerant of being redirected. (To ANN's credit, large media and video game websites employ similar practices.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
(To ANN's credit, large media and video game websites employ similar practices.)

Google would be a prime example.
When I was working for a UK ISP I once had to deal with an email from a customer who was convinced that we were forcing her to view ancestry.co.uk when she was trying to get to ancestry.com
An earlier completely useless reply she'd received from another agent there didn't help things much mind..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1