• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Arina Tanemura Auctions Jeanne Art for Quake Charity

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darcerin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Man I want these badly, but I hope they go to a good home nonetheless.
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, they look amazing (but of course, considering it's Arina Tanemura!). Wish I had that kind of money to even consider buying it :<
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote
oh gods... if I wasn't unemployed right now... if only... damn whoever it was in corporate who decided they needed to cut back on employees, if it wasn't for them I could possibly stand a chance at getting one!
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quote
I love Tanemura-sensei, and I would pay a small fortune for those. Except I don't have a small fortune. Sigh.

/Tanemura-sensei might not be the best storyteller out there, but her drawings are the most beautiful things I have ever seen
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Since she drew all of these illustrations by hand, she notes that there is only one of each drawing in the entire world.
Well the same can be said about any hand drawn piece of artwork by any artist. But Arina-san is a very talented artist and I love her creations and her manga. She is one of the most well appreciated manga artists in Japan and her artwork is worthy of raising a good amount of money for this noble cause and to be added to some loyal fans' collection.
ojamajolilac

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
She must have LOADS of these lying around, considering how many colour pages she has done since she debuted. I wonder why did she picked these pictures?

Melanchthon wrote:
/Tanemura-sensei might not be the best storyteller out there, but her drawings are the most beautiful things I have ever seen
Agreed. I have absolutely no interest in the plot in SDC...yet I have the full set including the last volume in Japanese special edition...and the artbook. I blame the beautiful artwork.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1