• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: God Eater Burst Adds Madoka Magica, Index Costumes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quote
Too bad we'll probably never get to see these costumes in the US. Just like the Index/Railgun custumes, D3 will just say its due to "licensing issues" if anyone asks, which could mean that they actually tried to work something out and they were unable to or that they simply dont want to bother with them.
gothung

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Pft... Madoka... she doesn't even use a gun/sword/shield... How about some Mami or Homura costumes?

Aw, who am I kidding? We all know they threw in these extras just to milk more $$ from consumers, regardless of how much or little it makes sense. Really didn't expect the Taiko costumes though...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quote
gothung wrote:
Pft... Madoka... she doesn't even use a gun/sword/shield... How about some Mami or Homura costumes?

That would have made far more sense. The same for Tales of Graces; they should have had Pascal as an option as well since she uses a gun (well, it's a staff that turns into a gun). Cheria looked quite funny with that weapon considering she uses throwing knives.

But again who am I kidding? It looks rather amusing especially with those MISAKA clones running around.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
gothung wrote:

Aw, who am I kidding? We all know they threw in these extras just to milk more $$ from consumers, regardless of how much or little it makes sense. Really didn't expect the Taiko costumes though...

I'm guessing you missed the part of the article where it said these character packs are free? Rolling Eyes
Cloud668

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
God Burst Eater Adds Madoka Magica, Index Costumes

May want to fix the title there. Rolling Eyes

And as for the costume, their choices could have been influenced by what the anime series' production committees dictated for their properties to show up in the game. I would take a Pascal costume over a Cheria one anytime though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
gothung wrote:

I'm guessing you missed the part of the article where it said these character packs are free? Rolling Eyes

True, but there are people who would buy the game just to play in those costumes.

Hmm, Misaka not using her own powers would actually be a bit of a downgrade for her. Realistically she'd get bored and start shooting coins through the big, lumbering targets.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
gothung wrote:

Aw, who am I kidding? We all know they threw in these extras just to milk more $$ from consumers, regardless of how much or little it makes sense.

That Madoka looks just wrong. Almost like Americanized Miku. Laughing
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Too bad we'll probably never get to see these costumes in the US. Just like the Index/Railgun custumes, D3 will just say its due to "licensing issues" if anyone asks, which could mean that they actually tried to work something out and they were unable to or that they simply don't want to bother with them.

Last I checked, Funimation has the US license for Index 1 and Railgun....potential connection? I wished. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1