• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be a general solicitations thread for Aniplex since they aren't like a normal company. I'll update when necessary and just bump this thread instead of creating new ones.

October 2011
Oreimo DVD Complete Box Limited Edition
  • Price: 74.99
  • Release Date: 10/18

Blue Exorcist Volume 1
  • Price: 37.48
  • Release Date: 10/18

Rurouni Kenshin: The Movie Blu-ray Limited Edition
  • Price: 69.98
  • Release Date: 10/26

January 2012
Blue Exorcist Volume 2
  • Price: 37.48
  • Release Date: 1/24

February 2012
Puella Magi Madoka Magica DVD 1
  • Price: 39.98
  • Release Date: 2/14

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray 1
  • Price: 49.98

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 1 Limited Edition with CD
  • Price: 94.98

April 2012
Puella Magi Madoka Magica DVD 2
  • Release Date:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray 2
  • Release Date:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 2 Limited Edition with CD
  • Release Date:

June 2012
Puella Magi Madoka Magica DVD 3
  • Release Date: 6/12

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray 3

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray/DVD 3 Limited Edition with CD

Last edited by The King of Harts on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Although I personally couldn't give less of a damn about Oreimo, if I was a fan, I'd be jumping on it pretty quick even though it lacks a blu-ray. The release, with all the extra shit they packed into it, seems like a really good one.

But anyway, nothing for me. And, btw, shouldn't you put all the Ruroni Kenshin stuff on the list? Surprised
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
We all knew about OreImo's extras, but little was known about BE, and it's going to have a pretty sweet release. It still sucks that it's a sub-only, DVD-only release, but it's better quality-wise than what Sentai or Bandai do with their sub only stuff, albeit more expensive.

I still don't plan on buying either, though. Gotta save change for that apparently awesome Madoka set they're going to release.

Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
But anyway, nothing for me. And, btw, shouldn't you put all the Ruroni Kenshin stuff on the list? Surprised

Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

18:12:59 <bay> it will have special packaging so even japanese fans will want to buy it

I hadn't heard of this yet. Laughing Sounds like it's gonna be a damn good one. Guess I've gotta start penny pinching, too. More than usual, at least.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Oreimo is a huge ripoff. Sub-only dvd at a very premium price? And the show sucks ass to boot. Wink
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-12 and OVA episodes 1-4, plus a 24-page booklet of production and character designs, 16 postcards of the "Ending Cards" (one for each episode), and a poster.

For $60.

I hate the show too, and it's a lot of things, but a ripoff it is not. This is as great as sub-only DVD sets get in North America, and I am considering this better than anything TRSI has put out; definitely better than anything Sentai, Bandai, or MB have put out.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for anyone who wants to buy these because Aniplex does not drop prices or have sales [yet]. I bought Durarara!! on pre-order and after that the price when up.

I feel sorry for Blue Exorcist fans especially, it costs two dollars less than the pre-order price of Durarara!! and it doesn't have a dub. You can justify wanting to shell out $42.98 per set for DRRR because it's a hybrid DVD with both languages. No way am I buying something that costs as much as that without a dub.
Scormio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I was going going to get OreImo anyway but dam...a booklet AND a poster? Plus some postcards to boot. I think they're trying to complete with NIS for putting out the most Premium/Limited release of a show.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I think they're trying to complete with NIS for putting out the most Premium/Limited release of a show.

Except this'll fit on you shelf and will most likely be devoid of disc errors.
Scormio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:
I think they're trying to complete with NIS for putting out the most Premium/Limited release of a show.

Except this'll fit on you shelf and will most likely be devoid of disc errors.

Haha, well, I haven't actually gotten any NIS releases except for pre-ordering Kimi ni Todoke (though I considered Katanagatari). Hopefully they QC there discs before they release it >.>

As for shelf space, I planned on just sticking it behind some figures on the top.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I was under the impression that NISA had pretty much fixed their issues after the second batch of releases. I thought that Toradara had general shittieness, and Pandora Hearts had darkness issues that were apparently supposed to be there according to the Japanese creators or some such thing.

Have there been any disk issues since then?
Zopelthe543

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
So is anyone even considering on getting the Rurouni Kenshin LE sets? I always think it'd be nice to get it since i haven't even gotten the DVD version but man does that price turn me off. I'll probably wait and see a review on how well the Blu-ray is, but I still don't even know if I'll jump on it then.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I hate the show too, and it's a lot of things, but a ripoff it is not. This is as great as sub-only DVD sets get in North America, and I am considering this better than anything TRSI has put out; definitely better than anything Sentai, Bandai, or MB have put out.

Fancy extras don't make a horrible show worth buying. It's still a ripoff (imho). But yeah, if Aniplex included these types of extras in other releases worth buying, then I'd bite. NISA is selling BD/DVD combos with nice boxes and a hardcover book at 5 less msrp and 8 less at TRSI's regular price. I guess I just have a personal vendetta against this excuse for an anime, so it's a moot point I suppose.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I'll be sticking with my DVD copies of Kenshin. They have to be out of their minds setting the price that high. At the very least, they can upload a samples of how well or bad they upscaled the movies. As of now, all they've released to my knowledge is this trailer on youtube.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
I was under the impression that NISA had pretty much fixed their issues after the second batch of releases. I thought that Toradara had general shittieness, and Pandora Hearts had darkness issues that were apparently supposed to be there according to the Japanese creators or some such thing.

Have there been any disk issues since then?
OHFD and Wagnaria! also had problems. But nobody seems to care that Katanagatari and Arakawa both were perfectly fine. Rolling Eyes And, FTR, the BDs looked damn good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 108