• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Company to Export Anime, Other Content Overseas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this means we will get a decent adaptation.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
For adaptations, I doubt it. They'll just defer it to the Hollywood experts. I think they will be primarily focused on promotion and proposals to movie studios for their source material.

For the other stuff, I wonder if that means promoting existing content, getting overseas funding to develop content or developing stuff primarily for western audiences.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Whatever the purpose, it will at least establish a place of focus to the many proposals that would have, or could have come together with such focus in place. Too many concepts and ideas have come to nought because of the half hearted and vague commitments shown by both sides of the Pacific. It might even mean a much more coherent pricing of licenses.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope this might end the deplorable lack of anime in the video stores for rental. there is a lack or cut back on anime to rent to view even in Video Ave and the surviving Blockbuster stores here in Puerto Rico I miss the anime sections very much. Sad
morscerta42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Too bad they didn't called it "INTJ".
RoverTX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
This isn't the first time Japan has done something like this if I remember correctly. If this thing was run by real Otakus they would have named it something like

Nihhon
Entertainment
Relations
Vehicle

Just for the lawls.... instead it just sounds like more worthless bureaucrats getting put into a area with an already developed system of exchange, relationships, and commerce (ie Sentia, Funni, Viz ect ect) because someone had a great idea in the Diet.

Edit: If this was 25 years ago and it was more the companies investment then it was the governments, then this would be a good idea. Nothing wrong with a competent trade mission, but this is just redundant and silly.

Last edited by RoverTX on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
If its one thing anime needs, its a stuffy bureaucratic company that will yield absolutely nothing, and scratch their heads as to why no one nibbles on their bait. Government is seldom a solution to a problem, it just adds unnecessary difficulty and hardship to something that hasn't really had any issues yet.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote
instead of trying to get hollywood to adapt an anime to a live action movie, witch we all know will fail(dragonball) why not use this to add subtitles to all japanese anime's that are released on blu-ray, and bring them over to the USA at the same time it is released in japan,

or at least add the subtitles, I would import the show if it was subtitled, but it seems only the shows I do not like get subbed in japan, why not ladies versus butlers, or other shows I like,
Ramune

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
I see this going no where. And if the first fruit this relationship bears turns rotten, it's back to square one all over again, and money wasted.

mudduck454: I don't know why, but I have a feeling Ladies vs. Butlers might be licensed in the future. Especially if Kanokon does well for Media Blasters, since it's from the same studio and all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1