• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 2.0 Film's TV Debut Garners 13.1 Rating

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 am Reply with quote
WOW, THAT'S AWESOME!

Kinda makes me wonder how good these movies would do if they were aired in the USA, say on [adult swim]? Probably about one-tenth as good, if that!

Come to think about it, since they're Funimation, I'll bet the Funimation Channel plays the dubs on occasion. And since no one actually has the Funimation channel, draw your own conclusions...
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
It may be thanks to Asuka Anime hyper
jlaking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Come to think about it, since they're Funimation, I'll bet the Funimation Channel plays the dubs on occasion. And since no one actually has the Funimation channel, draw your own conclusions...

The Evangelion movies will be airing in the fall on FUNimation Channel.

Since I have the FUNimation Channel, you are incorrect in saying that 'no one actually has the Funimation channel.'
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Given how 2.0 is new story (slightly wrapped in a tone of the familiar) rather than (and don't get me wrong about this, I think it's a fine movie but let's call a horse a horse) a HD Version of the first five episodes, I can see this being the case.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Those digital TV features are pretty awesome!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
jlaking wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:

The Evangelion movies will be airing in the fall on FUNimation Channel.

Since I have the FUNimation Channel, you are incorrect in saying that 'no one actually has the Funimation channel.'

Right. I meant by comparison to basic cable. Good that they're showing them! I do have Funimation On Demand, but that's not quite the same thing. Maybe it's possible to subscribe to the linear channel too, but I don't even know what channel it would be if it were authorized and I've looked all over my dial for it and can't find it.
kow626

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
i enjoyed the 2nd part much more than the first so these higher ratings don't surprise me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1