• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mew Mew this Fall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:09 am Reply with quote
I pray this series doesn't get lost in the time slot shuffle to a point it'll get cancelled. For once I would like to see a shoujo series get about the same amount of popularity as some shounen series.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:10 am Reply with quote
How many grains of salt do we need to take with this again?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:17 am Reply with quote
One Piece probably cost so much that 4Kids has to use Mew Mew to promote their fall line-up.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:50 am Reply with quote
This show has to be 4Kids' single most delayed release...

Smells to me like it's been the victim of a massive firefight. Either a 4Kids exec finally learned to love the material over the moolah, or the original Japanese company got pissed at the "Hollywood" debacle...
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:16 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Either a 4Kids exec finally learned to love the material over the moolah, or the original Japanese company got pissed at the "Hollywood" debacle...

No, in a way I kinda agree with Gatsu (for once). I think they just had waaay too much on their plate this last fall and Mew Mew needed to be put off until next fall. Currently 4Kids is showing new episodes of nearly all of their shows, and the shows that they are repeating appear to be doing well enough not to constitue a mid season replacement (aside from Winx now being shown twice). I'm going to say that they over did it with buying for last fall and ended up with a bit of a surplus of new programming. Something had to take a back seat so why not push back an "experimental" girls show rather than delay a tried and true boys show?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Something had to take a back seat so why not push back an "experimental" girls show rather than delay a tried and true boys show?

Emerje

*coughcoughW*I*T*C*H*coughcough*
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:23 am Reply with quote
WITCH is competing with Winx which is likely why they chose to show that series twice a morning rather than their usual standby of TMNT.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
No No No The Article states Tokyo Mew Mew, What the Hell! I thought it was called Mew Mew Power!, I'm Just going to wait until 4Kids actually themselves releases a press release about the situation of the show!I mean Winx only got one showing which help complete its ep count. And this time is its got second showing so it can speed up its repeat episode count, so now by the time winx Club finishes showing repeats again is over thats when they'll probably show Mew Mew just in time for spring with Alien Racers (Not Anime though AR)!
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
they'll probably show Mew Mew just in time for spring with Alien Racers (Not Anime though AR)!

So they havne't cancelled Alien Racers yet? The toy/RC line was a bomb, it was one of the first lines to hit post-holiday clearance at a deep price cut and they still aren't selling. MGA should have waited for the show before releasing the toys.

Emerje
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Mad I can't belive it! I've been waiting for a year, sure I hate 4kids, but I am tollerent of their shows (manly because right the only shopw they have I like is Pokemon). I have to wait a whole year! When it clearly won that vote! Geez!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
The Toy line did bad Wow But I guess you'll See reappear again when the series comes along.
Kida

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote
What's the exact article for this anyway? >_>
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Kida wrote:
What's the exact article for this anyway? >_>

I don't believe that article is online.

Emerje
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Finally, something vaguely specific about Mew Mew Power. I've been waiting about half a year for this.

I actually think that this would be a good idea. They've started a bunch of new shows. I think it would be best to have Mew Mew Power start airing more or less alone, rather than having to compete with all these titles that already have relative success. Remember, this is a girl show running on a network that's been pretty much boys, boys, boys for a long time.

I just hope that 4Kids does a decent job of promoting it. No need to go all out with it, maybe just a couple of magazine ads? (National Geographic Kids, I've noticed, will take ads from pretty much anything if they get a decent amount of cash.)
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Smells to me like it's been the victim of a massive firefight. Either a 4Kids exec finally learned to love the material over the moolah, or the original Japanese company got pissed at the "Hollywood" debacle...

4Kids wanted to market the title internationally and was aware of the current international anti-american sentiment (particularly in the middle-east) and didn't want the show to be associated with Hollywood.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2