• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Do Re Mi Schedule for Fall TV Release

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of it but it sounds sort of childish. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
Musical anime for the masses! Yay? Alas, there probably won't be that wonky discotheque theme song.
cubs2084

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:13 am Reply with quote
4Kids with a series aimed at girls? How.....odd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:30 am Reply with quote
This'll be interesting, to see how they'll handel....a few episodes. (One episode is Hazuki getting kidnapped and being ordered ransom money from her family, which, gets pretty....odd)
hkrok76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:04 am Reply with quote
They'll handle it like 4kids handles all of their stuff. Take it as whatever it means. It'll be a localization, I just hope this makes the uncut Japanese series be more readily available, but since there was no real following for the show in the fansub community, I doubt they'll think it wise to release uncut dvds with original dialogue. Sad too, some shows get shafted just because they're "for kids." I don't want to go on a rant so I'm going to stop there. Atleast I'll be able to see this show in some form.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote
Yes, "Uncut" Doreimi.

Those DVD's will contain the pureness of this hard-core, intense mature, anime.

Doreimi is a show aimed squarely at 6-9 year old girls.

The knee-jerk reactions to 4Kids is amusing
hkrok76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:52 am Reply with quote
yes...knee jerk.....localization is still localization. I'm sorry if my choice of words weren't the greatest. How about this? F#*k off. Is it wrong for me to want a kids Japanese show in Japanese without the localization it will undergo? I guess it is. I'm not in the mood to be cordial right now. Stuff a sock in it.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:40 am Reply with quote
hkrok76 wrote:
Is it wrong for me to want a kids Japanese show in Japanese without the localization it will undergo?

Yes. You're not the target audience. Plus, you're being unruly.

In fact, I don't know what all you people are worried about. This and Mew Mew probably aren't/won't be nearly as modified as you people think. Hell, Doremi may actually have a pretty faithful translation.
lyger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Seca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

In fact, I don't know what all you people are worried about. This and Mew Mew probably aren't/won't be nearly as modified as you people think. Hell, Doremi may actually have a pretty faithful translation.

MewMew has been changed around a bit. Though the changes are akin to what DiC did with Sailor Moon so I'm not overly disgruntled about it. I would still like to have an uncut subbed version though.

I do agree though that Doremi probably won't be changed too much since it's such a tame series so there shouldn't be too much that would actually need to be changed for censors.
linlinchan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Seca wrote:
I do agree though that Doremi probably won't be changed too much since it's such a tame series so there shouldn't be too much that would actually need to be changed for censors.

True. One thing I can imagine will be changed though, would be Majorica's frequent drunkenness at the Maho-do, and infront of Doremi and friends.
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
lyger wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was so productive.

I for one am glad that 4Kids is starting to work on shows for girls. Practically all of the cartoons on TV today, Japanese or otherwise, are either boy-centered or totally gender neutral. It's about time someone started churning out shows made for girls, there is a seriously huge market out there. The last girl-oriented cartoon I can think of that got any serious attention was . . . well, Sailor Moon.
IdaMBK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I must say I'll be sad if this show is never going to be available on dvd in japanese. It's not that I'm worried about whatever 4Kids might do to it (it most likely won't be worse than the German verision I got into the show through), but I actually like DoReMi a lot, even if it IS a kids' show, and I quite frankly can't see myself buying a DVD that only contains an English dub - especially since English isn't even my native language. So, here's hoping that 4kids will have the guts to release bilangual dvds.
Tondog38

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with - A - B - C
When you sing you begin with DO - RE - MI
DO - RE - MI , DO - RE - MI
The first three notes just happen to be
DO - RE - MI DO - RE - MI
DO - RE - MI - FA - SO - LA - TI...
(Oh let's see if I can make this easier)
DO - a deer, a female deer
RE - a drop of golden sun
MI - a name, I call myself
FA - a long long way to run
SO - a needle pulling thread
LA - a note to follow SO
TI - a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do...
DO - RE - MI - FA - SO - LA - TI - DO! - SO - DO!

If that isn't the theme song, someone will be shot. Very Happy
hkrok76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Since I'm not the target audience, I shouldn't want to watch the show? I'm an anime fan. I want to watch as many, and all anime as I possibly can(mind you I'm also a purest..so I want to watch it in the original language as presented in its original edit). That includes kids shows. As it stands, Doremi has had a lot of good things said about it, but there just was no fan following in the states. I'm glad 4kids is bringing it out, atleast I can watch it if I want in one form or another. I just feel that because a Japanese show is a Japanese kids show, it shouldn't get less respect than say...Cowboy Bebop or Full Metal Alchemist.

Hopefully 4kids does an uncut release of Doremi, they've done it for Yugi-oh and Shaman King.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2