• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunday Spotlight

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Yuki Kajiura? sounds very interesting
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to this new column. I love Yuki Kajiura! ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
piffleprincess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if everyone's interviews would either take place beforehand and the transcript posted online, or would take place in a chat room.

If so, I'd love to ask a question to Yuki Kajiura!
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I really dislike Yuki Kajiura's music, but christ, congrats on securing five interviews every week, ANN must be doing really really well.
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for the new column as well. The interviews should be good.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
piffleprincess wrote:
I was wondering if everyone's interviews would either take place beforehand and the transcript posted online, or would take place in a chat room.

For this first week, all of the interviews are already done. But maybe we should try something like that in the future.

Another idea we're tossing around is having a poll with a list of interviews we can do that week; whoever gets the most votes would be featured the following Sunday.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
piffleprincess wrote:

For this first week, all of the interviews are already done. But maybe we should try something like that in the future.

Another idea we're tossing around is having a poll with a list of interviews we can do that week; whoever gets the most votes would be featured the following Sunday.

And it'd also have an option for you to type in your own suggestion, so we can see who people want to see spotlighted. Like TRL! Except... well, not.
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:

SakechanBD wrote:
And it'd also have an option for you to type in your own suggestion, so we can see who people want to see spotlighted.

Both of these are great ideas. I hope you implement them. That'll be a great way for us otaku to get involved with this new column. Cool
joon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
I really dislike Yuki Kajiura's music, but christ, congrats on securing five interviews every week, ANN must be doing really really well.

I wonder how you dislike Yuki Kajiura's music. I guess you aren't used to Japan culture.

Anyways, Thanks to ANN for doing this fabuluous event. One day I hope i can participitate in this interview. I have trillion zillion questions to ask to Yuki Kajiura hehe.

anyways thanks for hosting this event and I hope this event goes well.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quote
joon wrote:

I wonder how you dislike Yuki Kajiura's music. I guess you aren't used to Japan culture.

What does Japanese culture have to do with liking or disliking someone's music? Anime smallmouth That's absurd. People are allowed to have their own thoughts on someone.

If you dislike Chopin, does that mean you aren't use to Polish culture? If you dislike Tchaikovsky, does that mean you aren't used to Russian culture? I really don't think a requirement for being "used" to a culture is having to like every composer that comes out of it. Incidentally, Kajiura's music has many worldly influences, mostly un-Japanese.
k0la

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
oh, this is so cool, a great idea. Can't wait to read the interview with kajiura yuki.
joon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
joon wrote:

What does Japanese culture have to do with liking or disliking someone's music? Anime smallmouth That's absurd. People are allowed to have their own thoughts on someone.

If you dislike Chopin, does that mean you aren't use to Polish culture? If you dislike Tchaikovsky, does that mean you aren't used to Russian culture? I really don't think a requirement for being "used" to a culture is having to like every composer that comes out of it. Incidentally, Kajiura's music has many worldly influences, mostly un-Japanese.

I agree with you but If you have listened to Yuki Kajiura songs, they have rhythm of RPG songs like fantasies and most of songs have classic euro rhythm. So if people who like rap, punk which are american songs, they won't like Yuki Kajiura songs like my friend who listens to those doesn't like Yuki Kajiura songs which is cultural difference.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Incidentally, Kajiura's music has many worldly influences, mostly un-Japanese.

I think a lot of her music sounds kind of like new age music, and a lot of her songs in series like .hack//SIGN are sung in English. I loved the soundtracks for .hack//SIGN and Noir. Meanwhile, her band See-Saw can do driving eurobeat songs as well as more symphonic melodies.
joon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
Incidentally, Kajiura's music has many worldly influences, mostly un-Japanese.

I think a lot of her music sounds kind of like new age music, and a lot of her songs in series like .hack//SIGN are sung in English. I loved the soundtracks for .hack//SIGN and Noir. Meanwhile, her band See-Saw can do driving eurobeat songs as well as more symphonic melodies.

Yep well said. Since Yuki Kajiura grew up in Germany when she was a teenager, she knows european classic symphony rhythms. Hence, most of her songs have classic tunes.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
piffleprincess wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind asking Tokyopop's peps a few questions.... Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1