• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New CMX Licenses [2005-06-27]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walkabout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they'll edit their names...
Chik Mis and Pieces of THE Spiral
Yeah, dumb joke, but yeesh, I wish they'd say something in regards to TT...
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Actually, it's been confirmed on their site.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Two more titles to boycott then... until they fix and re-release Ten Ten properly.

As far as I'm concerned, CMX kiss my "shiny metal ***"

Actually, I've not even heard anything about these titles, so I guess it doesn't affect me either way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Actually, it's been confirmed on their site.

Embarassed

Stupid thing is, I checked their website, and forgot it was in alphabetical order, so I looked at the bottom and saw that hte last title listed was in August.

That was really stupid of me!
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Tempest: Nah, their site's a pain to navigate. Should be organized by dates, not by titles.
midori kou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
All of DC's subdivision sites are like that. It is a lot better than when they went on a frame-coding spree back in the days.

I'm pretty happy that I can get Kaimu Tachibana title domistically. CMX is making go back to the manga-buying groove unlike Viz and TP, strange enough.
Dejiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quote
I just hope that their new batch of titles is printed with a correct paper running direction. You can't put horizontal running paper in a vertical spine, unless you want to make the book feel like it's about to explode when openend up too far. Whoever OK'd their current printing procedure really, really needs to be fired... I've seen amateurs put out technically superior TPBs Rolling Eyes
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Two more titles to boycott then... until they fix and re-release Ten Ten properly.

Why boycott titles that may be done right even though the publisher has one title they did wrong? Every company out there has fudged up at least one title, yet they aren't boycotted...
Walkabout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quote
It's all about something like the TT situation happening at just the right point to get the maximum amount of people annoyed...
Don't try to make sense of society, you may end up depressed...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Izlude wrote:
Why boycott titles that may be done right even though the publisher has one title they did wrong?

I think it was more in the way CMX responded to the people taking issue with Tenjou Tenge's treatment (which, as I remember, was rather rude), than with the edits themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I was really looking forward to Chikyu Misaki. I wish CMX hadn't licensed it. Now I may not even buy it.
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Izlude wrote:
Why boycott titles that may be done right even though the publisher has one title they did wrong?

I think it was more in the way CMX responded to the people taking issue with Tenjou Tenge's treatment (which, as I remember, was rather rude), than with the edits themselves.

I thought they didn't comment on it? Or did they? I haven't followed the Tenten situation, I'm probably missing out...but I don't care much since Diamond is distributing the japanese versions these days Razz
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
To tell the truth, outside of Gals!, I'm not that interested in what they have to offer anyway. It's like they just picked up a bunch of random manga titles with no actual plan on how to cross-promote them, other than dumping them in comic and bookstores. (Reeks of deja vu with ADV...) And then Jake ends up being the fallguy for their draconian policies, which apparently aren't exclusive to manga, what with Alan Moore bailing out of DC as well...Oh well, they'll probably sell off the library to Dark Horse by the end of the year or so...
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Izlude wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
Izlude wrote:

I thought they didn't comment on it? Or did they? I haven't followed the Tenten situation, I'm probably missing out...but I don't care much since Diamond is distributing the japanese versions these days Razz

It's as much a reason as any actually. Their silence on the matter is apalling. They've recieved numerous letters, e-mails, etc. and yet they've yet to make so much as a comment on the matter. Ignoring your consumer base is one of the worst things any company can do.

Moreover, I don't think the silence is the worst issue. It's more that the way that they went about things goes against common sense. Thumb through their censored version and then tell me that the content is appropriate for a 13 year old.

I can't trust their business practices or their judgement. If I can't trust them, that's all the more reason why I won't buy from them. It's for this reason that if they make the efforts to fix what they've done, my perceptions of CMX as a whole can be changed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if DC is going to Comic Con San Diego? I think the best thing left to do is to confront the higher ups. Since CMX hadn't comply, why not bug the main company?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1