• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Clamp's Card Captor Sakura Wedding Dress Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:45 am Reply with quote
A damn wedding dress, but no DVD/Blu-ray rescue.... Mad
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:59 am Reply with quote
This is for adult women, right? Rolling Eyes
Hiryu1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 am Reply with quote
@njprogfan I totaly agree with you!
Cute dress but I would like to see a DVD rereleas for America. (If BluRay A + B Code please)
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote
Release BluRay of reg. and limited edition please. Will pay more if limited edition comes with dress and pictures in background! ^^
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quote
I wish I could see the pictures hanging up more clearly though. It looks like Chi wearing the dress? Can't be too sure though...
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed. I thought a lot of the CCS costumes were cute, but as a wedding dress? I'm not a fan.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quote
All I could think of when I saw this dress was Tomoyo designing it for Sakura. It really looks like something made for a child to me.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
Designed to fit a child more so than an adult. The design is alright, but doesn't really look fitting for a wedding dress. Just wish the dress was longer.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
A little skimpier then I expected
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
I wish I could see the pictures hanging up more clearly though. It looks like Chi wearing the dress? Can't be too sure though...

I think its Sakura wearing it... its a cute outfit, but it doesnt really scream wedding dress to me... I wish I could see the pictures more clearly as well.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Cute. But I think most women will have a hard time wearing it. At least, imagining the awkward, 400lb lard behemoths that pass for "women" in my area trying to fit into this gives me a little laugh. Laughing
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
When this was first announced, this is what I was worried about, a child-like design since it's based off of CCS. They should have made it a Tsubasa inspired wedding dress. CLAMP has the ability to design for adults and they have created some excellent gowns in their manga, wish they would have done so here. I mean, I know Japan has a tendency to think of women as children for longer than the US and a lot of Japanese women can get away with dressing younger than their age a lot longer, but I still imagine most women want to look elegant on their wedding day.
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
SoloButterfly wrote:
When this was first announced, this is what I was worried about, a child-like design since it's based off of CCS. They should have made it a Tsubasa inspired wedding dress. CLAMP has the ability to design for adults and they have created some excellent gowns in their manga, wish they would have done so here. I mean, I know Japan has a tendency to think of women as children for longer than the US and a lot of Japanese women can get away with dressing younger than their age a lot longer, but I still imagine most women want to look elegant on their wedding day.

woah there... I think you're over thinking things~ (^.^;)
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm definitely disappointed. The design looks alright, but I would have preferred a design for an older Sakura. The fabric and trim choices also leave much to be desired as it makes the outfit look very cheap. I'd love to see someone remake the dress with better fabric.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
SoloButterfly wrote:

woah there... I think you're over thinking things~ (^.^;)

Well, it is a wedding dress, so you gotta think about it. I know CCS is meant for a younger demographic, but if you're going to make a wedding gown, it couldn't kill to make it more sophisticated. That thing there does not look like a wedding dress... It looks more like a costume, and granted, for what it's based on, you're probably thinking that it's going to look at least a bit like a costume, but if you're making a wedding dress, throwing in some more sophisticated detail so that it looks a bit more like a dress wouldn't hurt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2