• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote
AU anime releases not licensed / released in N. America (including select OOP N. America releases)

[Beyond Home Entertainment] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America | general catalog

[Beyond Home Entertainment] Other select anime releases that were once upon a time in-print in N. America

[Hanabee Entertainment] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America | anime catalog

[Hanabee Entertainment] Other select anime releases that were once upon a time in-print in N. America

[Madman Entertainment] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America | anime catalog

[Madman Entertainment] Other select anime releases that were once upon a time in-print in N. America

[Siren Visual] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America | anime catalog

[Siren Visual] Other anime releases that were once upon a time in-print in N. America

[Roadshow Entertainment] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America

[Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America
  • A Certain Magical Index (Season 2) - 2013
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun (OVA) - 2013

[Visual Entertainment Group] Anime releases not licensed / released in N. America

Last edited by WTK on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 34 times in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Sadly I can't play anything from Region 4, otherwise that would be pretty cool.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:12 am Reply with quote
If you don't mind watching on your computer (or have your computer connected to your TV) you should be able to play them with VLC Media Player.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:22 am Reply with quote
Wow, Siren Visual has some freakin' good taste. Now that I have my HDTV, this might prompt me to speed up my intention of getting a laptop that I can hook up to it and do the VLC Media Player thing...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
It's not a Siren Visual release, but Madman has the first Digimon series on DVD, and I think it's the only English DVD release ever put out for it.

Set 1
Set 2

Kind of a shame the shipping is $30, or I'd have it by now. It's also dub-only.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan297na

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
Usagi Drop already? That's less than a month after the last Japanese release. Does Siren use broadcast versions for their releases?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
I was given an iPad 2 recently for an early X-mas present and found a nifty progam called Handbrake that lets me convert my DVDs into MP4 format so I can watch my Anime on the go. I have yet to try coverting my AU boxset/episodes of Kaiba onto it and if it works then I will definitely be all over importing Usagi Drop and Higurashi Kai. But if it doesn't work, I'll import those sets anyway and will have another method for watching them. Cool

But damn it all I am jealous that the Aussies are getting such good titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Kind of a shame the shipping is $30, or I'd have it by now. It's also dub-only.

Somebody here on ANN introduced me to this site. I've used them to get Kaiba and Tatami Galaxy. Their shipping is pretty much the cheapest I have seen from AU retailers. It'll take awhile to get to ya, but you'll be saving a decent amount.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
I think it was me that showed you that site for Kaiba. It actually slipped my mind because Madman gave me a 25% off coupon and I wanted to use it on Digimon, but the savings were wiped out because of the shipping and I got bummed. Even with cheaper shipping, though, it's cheaper by a few dollars to get it from Madman, so I'll just have to make a decision by the end of January when the coupon expires if I want it or not.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
@Kruszer
You no doubt know this already, but multi-region-hackable DVD players are pretty inexpensive and easy to find in the U.S. Our is a Philips (can't remember the model).
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the upconverting DVD player I got off of Walmart.com for like $30 (DVP3982) only took a few button presses on the remote and it's now region-free.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I have updated the first post to include Madman Ent. releases. I also added a few OOP N. American anime releases available from either studio.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Cool, thanks, WTK. I have to admit I was wondering about Madman myself and actually started going through their catalogue but it's huge so, naturally, I just gave up. Should have known you'd come through!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
@Kruszer
You no doubt know this already, but multi-region-hackable DVD players are pretty inexpensive and easy to find in the U.S. Our is a Philips (can't remember the model).

I tried the hack for my player but it doesn't work, failing to pop up this mythical configuration menu that's supposed to allow you to change it whenever you want. Other people say that the last firmware update for the player removed that feature. Crying or Very sad
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote
So Patlabor OVA and TV to be re-released next year!
Makes me proud to be Australian. Class. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 23