• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Hayate, Conan, Gundam AGE Manga Series Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
disliked Series 2 of Hayate but season 1 (that im currently re-watching) is freakin Godly hilarious. Because of that I love the franchise, haven't read the manga but if this gives them more material to make a hilarious anime with then it cant be a bad thing
skyechan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
Corrections for the Conan info!

Quote:
Yutaka Abe and Denjiro Maru's Meitantei Conan: Seiki matsu no majutsushi (Case Closed: The Last Magician of the Century) manga will launch in Weekly Shonen Sunday's March issue. The three-chapter manga will be based on Gosho Aoyama's original story and adapt the 1999 film of the same name.

It doesn't say anything about the adaptation only being three-chapters. The information just says it's based on the 3rd movie and that it'll be drawn by the Detective Conan Special manga artists.

Quote:
Aoyama's new Meitantei Conan: Sousa Ichi-ka Hen manga will also retell the story of Conan's first case.

"1st Division Chapter" is what the title says.

The caption underneath it says it's a reprinting of "popular stories from the Police HQ's 1st Division". So most likely a reprinting of the love stories concerning Takagi and Sato from the police headquarters. Has absolutely nothing to do with Conan's first case.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Mask

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
So, what will the Major spinoff be about? The article didn't provide additional details for that.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
The sad thing is, when/if Viz decides to license that new Hayate manga, the release schedule will be horrible. And they probably won't get it, and no one else can because they are the sole distributor for Shogakukan titles. I hate them. Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1