• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dream Eater Merry Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
Sweet I knew Blake Shepard would get the lead!
Can't wait for this one!!
skyreno4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
what bunch of Awesome Cast, cant wait to watch it, i already got preorder
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Hilary Haag as Merry is gonna be so awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
It really is coming.

. . .

. . .

F*ck.

. . .

. . .

Maybe I can give it away to an orphanage?

. . .

No . . .

. . . few deserve this sort of punishment.

And orphans have already lost their parents, no need to traumatise them further.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
It honestly is a superb cast. I found out all this yesterday while surfing Hilary's profile on MyAnimeList
I also found out the release date of it. March 27th
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/igj3p47eZQtWzbWTXB/browse/item/93945/4/0/0
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty hefty talented cast they've got there. And no Steve Foster behind it? I'm in…

And hopefully the show will show up via other digital distro channels, besides Amazon. However, I do not recall such rights being listed in its initial press release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
very good voice cast.. wow.

it's nice to see
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
That's a pretty hefty talented cast they've got there. And no Steve Foster behind it? I'm in…

Janice Williams directed this one. Chris Ayres and Clint Bickhman wrote the scripts.

Anyway, awesome cast! I can't wait to hear it!

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Vic Mignon as Meshijima...I can't hear it in my head.

Yumekui Merry gets a dub? I hope that works out for Sentai. The show didn't leave a strong impression on me.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Ooo, sounds like a nice cast!
Personally, never seen the show, but I'm more than willing to give it a try if the dub sounds excellent.
superdry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:

Yumekui Merry gets a dub? I hope that works out for Sentai. The show didn't leave a strong impression on me.

I guess enough people watched the streams that it influenced Sentai to dub the show. The show was blah at the end when it diverged fro the manga...yet another mediocre JC Staff adapation.

I bought the Japanese release to try and show support to get a second season (probably highly unlikely at this point thanks to terrible sales that dropped harder than a rock after volume 1) since the manga is pretty exciting. But, I do hope the money the Japanese licensor got and maybe decent US sales could help with a second season.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Video-only sales of a so-so anime in this market aren't going to tip the scales in favor of a second season, which would need an overhaul to even be able to use the manga as source. There would need to be a company with a lot of cash, like a broadcaster, to make it worth anime producers time to put out another season.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Video-only sales of a so-so anime in this market aren't going to tip the scales in favor of a second season, which would need an overhaul to even be able to use the manga as source. There would need to be a company with a lot of cash, like a broadcaster, to make it worth anime producers time to put out another season.

It could technically happen, but the DVDs and Blu-Rays would have to sell a LOT to convince the Japanese staff to consider otherwise. As in... DBZ level, but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

I've never seen this show, bus wow! Lots of great VA! I hope this sells so we can get more great non-Foster Sentai English dubs. I've been enjoying Sentai dubs more than FUNi dubs lately, mostly because Sentai seems to have more variety in their casting. They have their mainstay people (Luci Christian, David Matranga, Blake Shepard, Shelley Black, Melissa Davis, Greg Ayres, etc), but they seem to have more variety than FUNi.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
DBZ is hardly a video-only based franchise in America.
CKSqua

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:

The first season was backed entirely by a large broadcaster/DVD distributor and a manga publisher. There appears to have been no investment from anime producers, advertising firms, or merchandise/music companies, which could explain the sparse resources.

That said, no one's going to finance a second season without a commercial incentive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2