• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Licenses Haganai School Comedy Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice. But I knew they were going to get this the moment I heard they were going to simulcast it.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Uhh…but didn't they already do this a la the "Funico" deal? Or was that just a streaming agreement with the option to do a physical release?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Uhh…but didn't they already do this a la the "Funico" deal? Or was that just a streaming agreement with the option to do a physical release?

This announcement was for additional rights (including plans on DVD, Blu-ray): link.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
guess that explains why it wasnt on their recent poll but none the less good news since i enjoyed it so i probably will buy the blu ray/dvd when its released....in 2014 Razz.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Cool, think this was a good pickup for them. I really liked it myself.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
This may be the only "booby show" that I can tolerate buying from Funimation. This show was annoying a lot of times, but it was still freak'n hilarious in many parts of it also. I'm not sure if I'll get this yet.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
It's good to finally see some good news come from FUNimation. After all this talk of them dropping titles and suing people, I was starting to get depressed.
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
This may be the only "booby show" that I can tolerate buying from Funimation. This show was annoying a lot of times, but it was still freak'n hilarious in many parts of it also. I'm not sure if I'll get this yet.

Same here. Not that I mind the excess of boobs (or the variety of subtle and blatant upskirt shots), but it was pretty boring at times. It certainly isn't a must-buy for me. Far from it. Iceberg-paced story development, weak /dull/boring/spineless male protagonist of a harem (like the hundreds before him), excessive pool/beach episodes really ruined this show for me. On the flipside, Yozora and Sena's squabbles were really entertaining. Liked the art. And of course, Rika was pretty funny, too.

Chances of me buying this: 40%.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Boobies for the win for Funimation.
Konopan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Is "I don't have many friends, but most of them have boobs" too unlikely a tagline?

Besides, seriously, Kodaka isn't dull/spineless.
He's just gay.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Boobies for the win for Funimation.

time to tenderize the meat... dammit if they keep that in I will buy 10 copies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Okay, my guesses:

Kodaka, I would like Chris Patton to play the character, but Funimation might give the role to a younger blood, maybe even Aaron Dismuke. Todd Haberkon is definitely out; too high pitch.
Yozora will probably be played by Luci Christian, knowing Funimation. If not, somewhere between Brittney Karbowski (Angel Beats) and Caitlin Glass (Ouran High).
Sena, I can't guarantee Laura Bailey to take the role, so I'd probably guess Alexis Tipton IF she implements her role in GaiRei. Monica Rial might have the range too.
Yukimura, as hilarious as it would be to hear Greg Ayres take this role, I have to give it to Maxey Whitehead who's good at playing this character.

I'm not sure of the rest, but otherwise, take your bets.
Leebo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize people hated on Kodaka. He's pretty cool for a harem protagonist. In that he's not sexually harassing them or slobbering over them.

Kinda obvious that he's not going to date any of them, because the source material is ongoing, but hey.
N.R.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
This will probably be a limited quantity release (like Lyrical Nanoha or the Ouran High School Host Club BD). I bet it will run out of stock after a month and get discontinued. It's a very niche series.
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
*shrugs* Cool then. Clearly, outside of what's already been licensed, the female anime fans really shouldn't be expecting much from you guys for the next year or so, huh?

I'll go hang out with NIS then. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4