• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Halts Releases of Bakuman., Ikki Tousen Great Guardians

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madlaxNoir2001

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
this is not good news .
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
madlaxNoir2001 wrote:
this is not good news .

Indeed, as soon I read the article, I really don't like what's going on with Medai Blasters, I can tell this is worse then some of us thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daichi383

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote

Shocked WHAT THE HELL!! I've been lokking forward to bakuman volume 2 since december and now you pull this crap on me Mad
The first series i start importing and it gets put on hold Crying or Very sad

Last edited by daichi383 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ushio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This is probably unethical but if your in trouble don't keep announcing problems.

You need people to buy your products and no one is going to start buying any unfinished series from a company that is going to disappear.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
This is probably unethical but if your in trouble don't keep announcing problems.

You need people to buy your products and no one is going to start buying any unfinished series from a company that is going to disappear.

lol well this is a News site for anime, can't blame them for posting this.
Ushio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
Ushio wrote:

Not this site, Media blasters they should have not said anything rather than announce there halting releases.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
not to much of surprise here.. but eh.. sigh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Not this site, Media blasters they should have not said anything rather than announce there halting releases.

Uhh, well, if they can't deliver their product on time, they have to tell their customers SOMETHING.

Keep in mind, they laid off their entire production staff (or close to it). I'd be shocked if they managed to get any new releases out the door in the next few months.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I was more or less expecting some news like this after they announced that they would be dispensing with so many of their staff. I expect that my pessimism will be further vindicated, to my dismay, as the months stomp on.

Ushio wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
Ushio wrote:

The news has actually come from Robert's Anime Corner Store. Media Blasters could not, presumably, have avoided informing retailers that goods that they expected to be able to sell and had gotten preorders for would not in fact be available and might never be.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
Ushio wrote:

Yes, they should just disappear off the face of the earth without saying anything about it. Why should the consumers know about the products they promised? </sarcasm>
opn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* please dont let bakuman be the next zetsubo sensei but given to whats happened to MB...probably.
Fifth B

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, looks like I'm going to have to find the cash for Moribito, Twelve Kingdoms, Berserk, Figure 17 and Magic User's Club sooner than I thought.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
By some shred of luck, I hope this issue doesn't include putting the "blu-ray" set of Bakuman on hold as well. I'm definitely pre-ordering the blu-rays for Bakuman, Ika Musume, and maybe Kite.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't care less about Suckuman (heh) but the indefinite release of GG is AN INTERNATIONAL CATASTROPHE!!!
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Is it jumping the gun to say Media Blastes is dead now? Crying or Very sad Cut all their staff, now indefinite delays of releases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5