• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boston's Ghibli Showings Listed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lincolne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
I wished i knew of this sooner. Sad
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
You're telling me. Myself and a good five other friends at school were lamenting discovering the event the day AFTER the last Kiki's Delivery Service showing, and what's worse is we as art students are on the Museum's Mailing list just so we can discover these events before they happen.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
I just went back and looked over my email notices from the MFA and was amazed that none of them mentioned this event at all. I've never seen Nausicaa (yes, I know), so I think I'll attend Friday's showing. I started watching anime after seeing Mononoke Hime on DVD with my then pre-teen daughter. I might want to see that on a big screen as well. (I waited over a decade to see The Lion King in a theater, and then Disney had to screw us over with a 3-D remake. I disgustedly stayed home.)

I'm especially sorry I missed seeing Whisper of the Heart, another film I know I should watch some day.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would bring these to Nashville, or maybe Atlanta, just somewhere closer to where I live. Sad
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote="yuna49"] You know they did re-release it back to theatres in 2002 ( I should know, I was 6 when it went back to theatres and my parents suppirsed me and my twin sister by taking us to Nashville on a school night just so we could go see "The Lion King" in IMAX. It was great!) And it wasn't in 3-D at the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1