• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Stream List: Feb. 13-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I think that either some of these should join together or that all of these need to join together and bring everything under 1 roof.

I believe that crunchyroll has some of the best ideas, and frankly the most anime available (Although I dont know if thats a good or bad thing considering their past :\)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:

I believe that crunchyroll has some of the best ideas, and frankly the most anime available (Although I don't know if thats a good or bad thing considering their past :\)

If one is talking simulcasts, then yes, CR is on top.

If you are talking total number of titles available at any time, then I believe you'll find Hulu actually comes out ahead, and if you count Funimation's Elite subscription, they probably have a slight edge over CR and TAN, which actually have similar size libraries. (While CR obtains more simulcasts each season, The Anime Network adds library titles each month, whereas CR only does so sporadically).
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
shukero wrote:

I believe that crunchyroll has some of the best ideas, and frankly the most anime available (Although I don't know if thats a good or bad thing considering their past :\)

If one is talking simulcasts, then yes, CR is on top.

If you are talking total number of titles available at any time, then I believe you'll find Hulu actually comes out ahead, and if you count Funimation's Elite subscription, they probably have a slight edge over CR and TAN, which actually have similar size libraries. (While CR obtains more simulcasts each season, The Anime Network adds library titles each month, whereas CR only does so sporadically).

And that's why I think that if everyone banded together it would be the best for fans and best for bringing in money, but then again.... I think I'm starting to live in the world of make-believe Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget that Crunchyroll's player is a thousand times better than the crap the other sites have.

And I would question whether Funi and TAN actually have a larger library than CR, Crunchyroll's library is surprisingly large. I know TAN rotates titles in and out, which CR doesn't do. It has, however, had problems in the past where titles would expire after a month of the last episode airing. That was really a shame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1