• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Shining Forced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
The new One Piece game did bring about this hilarious article on Kotaku, at least.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Despite never really being much of a Tales fan (Symphonia is the only one I've ever finished), I am enjoying Graces quite a bit. The prologue is really brilliant and I like all the characters. The monotonous battle system hasn't gotten on my nerves yet like it did with Abyss.

Of course, the big difference this time around might be that I'm just starved for a new JRPG as I haven't played one since Resonance of Fate. Quite hilarious since I'm nowhere near completing it, I already have FFXIII-2 sitting on my shelf, and Xenoblade Chronicles coming next week.

Never rains, but it pours. Smile
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I miss the old school Shining Force game. That old school 80s/90s anime art style was endearing, and I really like SRPGs.

Ultros looks weird in 3D, but accurate enough I suppose. They already made a few other VI references in the game, like Setzer . Speaking of FFVI, Caius is probably the best numbered-FF villain since Kefka, and they both share the rare feature of spoiler[achieving their goals of destroying the world in the end]. Which is always a nice treat.

Looking forward to Xenoblade now, though.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
They bought over Hokuto Musou and that was fun, I see no reason why One Piece's DW game shouldn't get a shot.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to keep my eye open for Unchained Blades and Class of Heroes 2. I'm always on the lookout for more anime styled games.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I haven't picked up a Dynasty warriors in a long while, and I love One Piece. Yep, pretty sure I'd buy that if it gets reviewed well on the japanese end.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
My friend mentioned this:
If they're going to bring over One Piece Musou, they'll have to use the One Piece rap in the introduction as the english audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTB-_4LAVQ

I'll just leave this here.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Asterisk-CGY wrote:
My friend mentioned this:
If they're going to bring over One Piece Musou, they'll have to use the One Piece rap in the introduction as the english audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTB-_4LAVQ

I'll just leave this here.

Can we just stop with this nonsense please? 4kids lost the license a long time ago. The bandwagon has long since passed.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Valkyrie: The poor Namco spokeswoman needs more recognition here! Come one, she's equally as cool as Lenneth (the only Valkyrie we actually give a whoop about here), so why can we not get more of her games?

Unchained Blades: Well it's about time we got this. I really had lost hope on this being localized, but I can put those doubts to rest.

FF13-2: Maybe it's good I completely finished the game when I did. This DLC madness doesn't really give you anywhere to use these new monsters or costumes (unless you just blatantly replay every stage by shutting the gates, though you'll still be uber powerful). Let's just have the Light/Caius scenario already. And yes, Ultros and Typhon are both great pieces of nostalgia, but so what really? They're just baiting the hooks for the fishies (no pun intended).

Tales of Xillia: Loving Graces f a great deal and I want Xillia to come here too. No excuses, no arguments. The Tales series hasn't had a better chance than now to make more of an impact, especially with FF in its current lull.

Shining Blades: Chances of domestic release not terribly good due more likely to the fact we haven't had a new Shining game since EXA back in 2007. The series is dead here. If not, we'd have gotten Wind (which was Tears on a more epic level), Feather and Hearts (which was really mediocre with its silly affection-based gameplay, enough to warrant getting its own anime now apparently -_-).

Xenoblade Chronicles: Major anticipation for this one. I am currently sticking with Graces f, but I will be adding this to my playlist as well. Finally a sweet new RPG for the Wii.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sun May 06, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quote
Yes yes yes! More ToToMono (Class Of Heroes) games please. I don't care much for extra-super-ultra-deluxe-bonus releases, but I definitely want to show my support for translations of Japanese RPGs that other companies ignore despite fan interest. I've already added my support, and I hope many more people do.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
Class of Heroes doesn't interest me, but using Kickstarter to get funding for translating niche Japanese games is a great idea with loads of potential. Now, if only someone did this for SRW. The OG games should be pretty manageable...
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote
I gleefully await the day a release date is announced for the US, as I am unable it import at this time. OP Pirate warriors FTW.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
The Shining series has turned into crap since Camelot left Sega. The Force series was especially amazing (the 2nd game is one of my top 5 games ever), but ever since Camelot left, they've been nothing but crappy action rpgs.
RyougaZell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
"this second mode allows players to explore various scenarios with the game's controllable cast: Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Zoro, Usopp, Tony Tony Chopper, Nico Robin, Franky, Brook, Jinbe, Boa, Thousand Sunny, Whitebeard, Edward Newgate, and Portgas."

Playable Thousand Sunny?
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
RyougaZell wrote:
Playable Thousand Sunny?

How else would you do ship-ship battles?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2