• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rinne no Lagrange: Kamogawa Days Game/Anime Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
Uh, yeah. I think I'll pass on this otaku pleaser.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:57 am Reply with quote
Cute girls, eh? Must be shit for otaku, right? Please.

Anywho, MAL puts the OVA at 70 minutes and that's extremely pleasing. There's nothing I love more than a good long OVA, and hopefully this'll act as a season bridge.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

The hell does that even mean? Are you passing on the game? Well, no shit. The anime? Did you watch the first season? If not, why the hell would you watch the OVA?

What was established in this post other than you establishing, For The Record, that you have absolutely no interest in anything that could possibly be liked by Otaku?

This information is of no use to anyone, other than furthering your reputation as someone who just cannot STAND the idea that someone, somewhere, is enjoying something you don't.

So please, in the future, if you don't have any interest in something...don't feel compelled to let the rest of us know. We could not possibly care less.

Thank you for your time. Now please leave.

As to the topic at hand, yay for more Lagrange! A 70 minute OVA sounds just delightful.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't be a true mecha game without some bounce Very Happy

The graphics don't look very PS3 but the game does look fun. Wish I could play it.

Looking forward to this OVA and the next season.
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
nonsense

Thanks for the diatribe, but I thought the series wasn't all that great and the game certainly seems to be heading that way.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Anywho, MAL puts the OVA at 70 minutes and that's extremely pleasing.

Whoa. That's definitely unexpected. I'll be very happy if it's entirely devoid of recap.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
nonsense

Thanks for the diatribe, but I thought the series wasn't all that great and the game certainly seems to be heading that way.

Then maybe you could have actually said that? That actually contributes something to the topic at hand.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I liked season one that played over on vizanime.com hope they pick up season 2 as well!

Ova thought that was a game trailer?
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Man, what stuff do you actually like? Is the only anime you like Hellsing? Because it has an ugly guy as the lead?

I thought it looked okay and I thought the girls were pretty decently treated. It's not something I'd pick up, but as a Galaxy Angel fan I like the idea of an anime-style game that has pretty girls and a bit of mech battling.
41alms

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

This is why I hate reading ANN comments....
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Man, what stuff do you actually like? Is the only anime you like Hellsing? Because it has an ugly guy as the lead?

I thought it looked okay and I thought the girls were pretty decently treated. It's not something I'd pick up, but as a Galaxy Angel fan I like the idea of an anime-style game that has pretty girls and a bit of mech battling.

It's been some time since I've seen a good mech, but I still hold out hope. I'd like to see a mech that isn't Gundam (especially not AGE), isn't non-hentai moe/harem/loli panderfests, and has a good story. Why wouldn't you pick this up? Bad story? Bad pandering elements? What?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

It's been some time since I've seen a good mech, but I still hold out hope. I'd like to see a mech that isn't Gundam (especially not AGE), isn't non-hentai moe/harem/loli panderfests, and has a good story. Why wouldn't you pick this up? Bad story? Bad pandering elements? What?

So what, precisely, is your problem with Lagrange? Because it isn't any of those things, unless you define "moe" as "stars female characters" which is idiotic.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Go watch VOTOMS. Seriously.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Too much to read, watch and do IRL. Anime and manga is just one of my hobbies (perhaps I am a 'casual fan' *bitter*), and I tend to limit myself to works that I know tend to be very good. If it's okay-ish good I pass. I do indulge in fluff though, and manga that I followed* used to fill that need for it (since they had cute characters and were easy to read).

* Tactics, Matantei Loki, and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle respectively. Edited for clarity.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Go watch VOTOMS. Seriously.

And then the rest of Ryousuke Takahashi's repertoire. After that, try Patlabor, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Dunbine, Five Star Stories, and Dragonar. There's a lot of mecha out there, sometimes you have to at least attempt to search a little for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1