• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Extra Seconds

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Wreck-it Ralph: Give me this movie already! Also, removing Wily was the decision of Disney, not CAPCOM.

Square-Enix: Zero substance ego-measuring, what else is new?

Konami: Revengeance at least looks fun gameplay-wise, the Lords of Shadow games just look dull like their predecessor was.

CAPCOM: "DmC's Dante acts as though he's based on the self-insert hero of some angry kid's webcomic"

Said kid probably being Antoniades, this game's lead designer, director, and writer. If he thinks THAT is mature story-telling and writing it proves he's nothing more than a talentless hack. That was just EMBARRASSING to have to hear. NT in general is a studio that just comes off as HATING the fact that they're game designers.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
Wreck-It Ralph: It would have been nice to have Wily in there. He does reign supreme alongside the likes of Bowser as one of the greatest villains in game history.

Agni's Philosophy: Whatever happened to working on that other game, you know, FF Versus XIII? Last I heard mention of it was 2007? Does anyone else sense FFXIII syndrome here?

Pokemon Conquest: Call me a hater if you want, but this is still a stupid idea.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
Just something I found that may be intriguing to share. From a DealNews.com poll of its users:

Forte-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Pokemon Conquest is greatly inspired by Nobunaga's Ambition and other KOEI-made games about feudal Japan, and it sprinkles the cartoonish creatures all over the noble lords and tragically doomed retainers of 16th-century Japan.

....I mean no offense, but you do know that the game isn't "inspired" by Nobunaga's Ambition, right? It's a full-fledged crossover between Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition. In fact, the game is only known as Pokemon Conquest in North America. In Japan, the game is actually called "Pokemon + Nobunanga's Ambition".
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
I would say Steel Battalion and most kinect games would really benefit if we could confirm selections by closing our hands like a click, so overlapping movements don't trigger unnecessary events.
ishmael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quote
I for one loved the last Castlevania game, one of my favorite game this gen, so I'm glad to see a proper sequel coming.

I'm not sure I care about that Revengeance thingy, gimme a real MGS game - those are the only "stealth" games I like!

(of course, that "!" in my last sentence should be colored yellow...)
Raneth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
Whoa, a Tiger and Bunny game! Very Happy

I doubt we'll see it here in America, though, especially if its on PSP.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong?
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
It's really hard to get excited about what the Japanese developers are making when so much of the stuff that comes out is garbage.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
It's really hard to get excited about what the Japanese developers are making when so much of the stuff that comes out is garbage.

Pretending as though games being garbage is ONLY endemic to Japan. Sturgeon's Revelation, people.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
Todd Ciolek wrote:
Was Tiger & Bunny a success? I can't tell because I'm used to successful anime series inspiring a horde of fans demanding that everyone they know must watch the show, which in turn inspires other fans to claim that said series is overrated garbage. That never happened on a large scale for Tiger & Bunny, but I suppose it must be a success, because now it's getting a PSP game.

I think it's reached that even more rarified level of success where the horde of fans feels no need to demand that everyone watch it because we assume that everyone already has.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
animehermit wrote:

Pretending as though games being garbage is ONLY endemic to Japan. Sturgeon's Revelation, people.

It's certainly worse in Japan, that's for sure. There was nothing at E3 from Japanese developer that looked interesting.

Watch Dogs, The Last of US and Planetside 2 all look fantastic.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Agni's Philosophy: Whatever happened to working on that other game, you know, FF Versus XIII? Last I heard mention of it was 2007? Does anyone else sense FFXIII syndrome here?

Word has it that XIII Versus' delayed are directly tied into what Agni's Philosophy is demonstrating - the graphics potential of their new Luminous system. Square-Enix decided awhile back to not use Crystal Tools (XIII and XIII-2's engine, as well as the engine for the first version of FFXIV) for Versus, and have been working with the new graphics engine on it. Other than that, very hush hush... which is rather unsurprising given the fiasco with FFXIV's initial release and the mixed reception of XIII-2.

Speaking of, sad not to see any mention of the screenshots and concept art released for FFXIV 2.0, but I suppose that's to be expected in favor of talking about the new real-time footage and the cellphone game. Am I the only one displeased to find out that a Final Fantasy game has yet again been released to cellphones and therefore I have no ability to play it? Not that I don't have a capable phone, I just hate playing games on it. Give me a console and a controller any day, tyvm.

Oh well. At least it isn't connected to a main game in the franchise this time.... (::glares at Before Crisis:Smile
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Does the new Steel Battalion come with a moe bugle-player? The description was reminding me of the Sora no Woto backstory, until I looked at the cover.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
animehermit wrote:

It's certainly worse in Japan, that's for sure. There was nothing at E3 from Japanese developer that looked interesting.

Watch Dogs, The Last of US and Planetside 2 all look fantastic.

Thats mainly because E3 is focused on Western developers. Tokyo Game Show is what you want if you want the best of Japanese games... I'm looking a lot more forward to that, since they'll cover the JRPGs and other stuff I prefer to the murder simulators the West constantly puts out now.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Thats mainly because E3 is focused on Western developers. Tokyo Game Show is what you want if you want the best of Japanese games... I'm looking a lot more forward to that, since they'll cover the JRPGs and other stuff I prefer to the murder simulators the West constantly puts out now.

They'd have to make a JRPG that's worth playing in order to keep my interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6