• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moyashimon Returns Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
My only question is... will it continue where the first anime left off, or will it start from the beginning again?
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
I so want NISA to license this show!
Dop.L

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Ryujin99 wrote:
My only question is... will it continue where the first anime left off, or will it start from the beginning again?

Well they'd be crazy to start from the beginning again, and it certainly looks like a continuation. The first series (which I recently watched again as preparation) ended at the point where they were going to start a fermentation cellar, which would tie in with some of the scenes in the trailer.

I do kind of wonder if the first episode would be a recap, though.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Will CR be grabbing the first series as well? You really can't jump in here midstream, even with a recap.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Will CR be grabbing the first series as well? You really can't jump in here midstream, even with a recap.

Well, they did that with Nisemonogatari and a couple of other shows before...
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
can't wait for this, heard it was going to air so decided to have a quick watch of the original series and loved it, can't wait to see more Yuuki Very Happy
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Well, they did that with Nisemonogatari and a couple of other shows before...

You mean by not having them available? You have to resort to fansubs then, or not watch the show unless you desire tossing yourself into the middle.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, the first episode of Moyashimon Returns airs in just a couple of days. As far as I can tell, there will be no North American stream of this series. I believe that, with the exception of the short Thermae Romae series, this will be the first noitaminA show not to have an American simulcast since the slot expanded to two series with Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves.

Have I missed a licensing announcement somewhere along the way? There's an empty slot on Crunchyroll's Summer, 2012, page, though time is running out if they actually intend to start simulcasting in just a couple of days.

Is this simply the fact that no one wanted to license the sequel without the original and didn't want to invest the resources needed to sub the first one? I wonder if they considered trying to license the BSS subs for season one? It would be ironic, of course, but pretty reasonable considering what a good job BSS did with the original.

If this isn't simulcast, it sounds like a good topic for an article by someone here at ANN. It might give some insight into how simulcasting decisions are made.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I believe that, with the exception of the short Thermae Romae series, this will be the first noitaminA show not to have an American simulcast since the slot expanded to two series with Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves.

Anohana also did not have a simulcast. It's only just recently been announced for streaming on Crunchyroll.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Anohana also did not have a simulcast. It's only just recently been announced for streaming on Crunchyroll.

Thanks! That was the one show I was unsure about. I saw only the first episode and never followed the series. I guess I must have watched a fansub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1