• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Ristorante Paradiso, Hyakko, Aoi Hana 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Awww shyte, Hyakko is goddamn awesome. What a pick! Thank you based Rightstuf for grabbing a great overlooked title. Ristorante Paradiso was pretty good too, sort of like Bartender but with recurring characters.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I really loved Ristorante Paradiso and Aoi Hana! Just today I was listening to the OST and wishing I could see it again Very Happy
moonie92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I can have Aoi Hana? Yes please! Thank you, thank you, thank you Right Stuf! I will finally finish it, I watched like the first 8 episodes and have the rest of the fansubs sitting on my computer. I'm in love with the opening song.

And I thought nothing I liked would be picked up because it was too old, proves me wrong.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Kinda sucks Hyakko won't ever be dubbed, but eh.... at least it'll be cheap. Smile
staab99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that Ristorante Paradiso got licensed here, I would like to see Bartender rescued next.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
All misses for me. Hope the fans of these shows will support the releases so TRSI/Lucky Penny can get more.

Hyakko? Seriously? I mean, it's not a terrible show or anything but it doesn't have nearly as many fans or as good of ratings as several other unlicensed slice-of-life comedies. But if it was cheap enough then I can understand

Last edited by Megiddo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
minirop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
hyakko ヾ(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ (the French licensor won't releases it on DVD, so many thanks TRS)
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Hyakko was great fun. Aoi Hana, awesome yuri romance (too bad it ends right in the middle of some serious drama)

Quote:
"Lucky Penny," a new studio label for "high-quality and budget-friendly editions" of anime.

In other words, titles that were passed on by all the other potential licensees or where the licensor had no takers for a few years Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
All misses for me. Hope the fans of these shows will support the releases so TRSI/Nozomi can get more.

Hyakko? Seriously? I mean, it's not a terrible show or anything but it doesn't have nearly as many fans or as good of ratings as several other slice-of-life comedies. But if it was cheap enough then I can understand

What other series are you referring to? Many are either already licensed (A-Channel), or possibly out of reach. I remember Hyakko being quite popular when it was airing, and I still see it crop up every now and then with fans crying over no season 2. MAL gives it 21,000 members and a score of 7.5. That sounds decent and reasonable to grab up a cheap/no dub show. A-Channel has about the same amount of members and a far lower score. Manabi Straight is just slightly higher scored, but about half the number of members. Sora no Manimani is lower score and fewer members.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GordanHam

Dann you RightStuf. Releasing the 3 shows I didn't finish on Crucnhyroll before they got pulled.... I wonder if they will be $39.99 MSRP. The price for usual subs is $49.99 and Nozomi were the only ones that would deck out their sets at that price.
chao8971

Even thought I've never heard of these titles before I think it is pretty cool Right Stuf is dedicating "Lucky Penny" to cheap quality releases. I might pick these up if after I found out if I would enjoy them.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
Dann you RightStuf. Releasing the 3 shows I didn't finish on Crucnhyroll before they got pulled.... I wonder if they will be $39.99 MSRP. The price for usual subs is $49.99 and Nozomi were the only ones that would deck out their sets at that price.

For me, anything over 29.99 and I'll pass. I don't buy sub-only anime unless it's CHEEEAAAP.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
All misses for me. Hope the fans of these shows will support the releases so TRSI/Nozomi can get more.

Hyakko? Seriously? I mean, it's not a terrible show or anything but it doesn't have nearly as many fans or as good of ratings as several other slice-of-life comedies. But if it was cheap enough then I can understand

What other series are you referring to? Many are either already licensed (A-Channel), or possibly out of reach. I remember Hyakko being quite popular when it was airing, and I still see it crop up every now and then with fans crying over no season 2. MAL gives it 21,000 members and a score of 7.5. That sounds decent and reasonable to grab up a cheap/no dub show. A-Channel has about the same amount of members and a far lower score. Manabi Straight is just slightly higher scored, but about half the number of members. Sora no Manimani is lower score and fewer members.

I loved Sora no Manimani..way to remind me of it >.<

I wonder if this will include the bonus OAV episode of Hyakko?

Still waiting for someone to license Dennou Coil in the US...
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Going to have to agree with Megiddo on this one. I really love everything KyoAni has done up until this point (and I mean literally everything), but for some reason, Hyakko failed to resonate with me, and simply didn't motivate me to finish it.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
aoi hana... well i'll be damned... that is something I'll need to pick up since cr removed the videos a year back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5