• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Submarine No. 6 Live-Action

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Big budget on a live action film thats good.
remember love

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, This is one of the anime I said I would like to see as an live-action. If people don't remember:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19244&highlight=liveaction
Man, can I get lucky at times or maybe I knew something other people don't <_<. Laughing
But, hopefully, this will be good and licensed into U.S. because I've been dying to see a good submarine movie which, IMO, have been lacking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Dood, where do I sign up?

Let's hope this is good live-action and not the typical offering.
red stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't really see the point in making a "live action" Blue Sub 6. To do it properly, they are going to have to do almost all of in CGI. So it's going to be all animation anyway, except for the humans. If they don't do it right it will end up all cheesy models and people in bad costumes. Waste of time and money either way.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
red stranger wrote:
I don't really see the point in making a "live action" Blue Sub 6. To do it properly, they are going to have to do almost all of in CGI. So it's going to be all animation anyway, except for the humans. If they don't do it right it will end up all cheesy models and people in bad costumes. Waste of time and money either way.

Actually Japanese CGI is usually cheesier than their model work. Models can often look far more realistic. Most CG models in live action are still captured from models. Cool Though I see your point.BS6 was basically a CG fest in the first place. Most of it was just special effects, which is most likely why I hated it. The OAV put a sour taste in my mouth when it came to GONZO. Something they've only recently all but overcome. Hopefully the film will be better than the drek that is the anime in my eyes. Confused

Still, not my first choice for an adaption. Not much room to elaborate. Basically just a special effects film due to the concept. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Remember Love, commernting on your other thread statement, check out The Enemy Below, Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide, and some of the films here. http://www.subshipstore.com/moviesclass.html

There are plenty of great sub films. Wink

Cool that you called it though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1