• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2005-12-09]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quote
Denstu is owned by Geneon and are also part of the Bleach staff. So isn't also far to say that Geneon has an equal shot at Bleach? Also is memory servers me right the s-CRY-ed manga came out after the Anime did.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Denstu is owned by Geneon and are also part of the Bleach staff. So isn't also far to say that Geneon has an equal shot at Bleach? Also is memory servers me right the s-CRY-ed manga came out after the Anime did.

The s-CRY-ed manga came before the anime.

The anime aired in 2001, around when the first tankoubon was released.

As for Geneon, yes, Dentsu was part of the production staff. So was Pierrot and TV Tokyo.

None of these companies have anything to do with who owns the property. Shueisha owns Bleach. The End.

Edit:
Also, Geneon is owned by Dentsu.

Did you just have your facts completely backwards, or what?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:56 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

The s-CRY-ed manga came before the anime.

The anime aired in 2001, around when the first tankoubon was released.

As for Geneon, yes, Dentsu was part of the production staff. So was Pierrot and TV Tokyo.

None of these companies have anything to do with who owns the property. Shueisha owns Bleach. The End.

Edit:
Also, Geneon is owned by Dentsu.

Did you just have your facts completely backwards, or what?

Yes, and thanks for correcting me Zac. Considering I tend to do that at times. I am not surprised that I did it once more. Thanks for correcting me. Anime smile + sweatdrop
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quote
Flake of the Week wrote:
Nowhere in the encyclopedia does it say that we own or sell any of that stuff. Where do these guys come up with this?

The Releases database, I presume.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote
I preferred the runner-up caption for the Robotech contest.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect to see the Elven Lied OVA episode any time soon - unless maybe as a special feture for some sort of Platinum or Collectors Edition. But then again, I don't really see Elven Lied getting that sort of treatment. If you didn't see the OVA, you really didn't miss anything.

As for the BLEACH thing, remember how long it took for Naruto to be "officially" licensed. I'm sure we're looking at the same thing. Maybe by this time next year, after Naruto's a bit farther along, we'll see it over here. Maybe even later than that. As long as Naruto performs, they can just sit on BLEACH, and have another sure-fire ca$h cow. Why overly saturate the market and compete with yourself?

And Zac, for next week's kittens, how about showing them airing grievances or performing feats of strength around a Festivus pole?
Kamui4356

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Flake of the Week wrote:
Nowhere in the encyclopedia does it say that we own or sell any of that stuff. Where do these guys come up with this?

The Releases database, I presume.

I think it might be the line in entries, "Episode titles: We have x". While it may be obvious to most it means we know of the titles to x episodes, it's not that difficult to misunderstand and think it means we have these episodes for sale. Most people won't make that mistake, but I can see it happening.
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
And Zac, for next week's kittens, how about showing them airing grievances or performing feats of strength around a Festivus pole?

Better be an aluminum pole. I find tinsel very distracting. Anime hyper

The captions were amusing this column, the Robotech one being my favorite!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, the kittens are on hiatus this week. They'll be back next week, perhaps wearing festive hats or spinning dreidels.

BOOOOO!!!!!!
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:21 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Quote:
Also, the kittens are on hiatus this week. They'll be back next week, perhaps wearing festive hats or spinning dreidels.

BOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm fine with the kittens coming back. I got my puppies one week, that's all I wanted (although I would have prefered a certain character from Baywatch to be left out of the picture). I'm pleased though. Anyway more people seem to like the kittens than the puppies. There was alot of complaints last time.
noneko_Mamimi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, the kittens are on hiatus this week.

Noo!! I want the kittens!!! TT~TT
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quote
I prefer the puppies. I equate kittens with demon spawn.
Steroid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote
Answerman wrote:
I've never really understood why people get so mad over minor (heck, sometimes major) changes; if I've already read the manga, why do I want to see the exact same story over again?

Because there's no motion or sound in a manga, and sometimes I just want to see how they would impute those to the story. And because of the exclusivity. It's one thing to make a new story for the anime, but when it amounts to the fact that anything left out will never ever be animated, I weep a little for lost opportunities.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:14 am Reply with quote
Answerman wrote:
I've never really understood why people get so mad over minor (heck, sometimes major) changes [between an anime and its manga]; if I've already read the manga, why do I want to see the exact same story over again?

Hello, Tsubasa haterz. Laughing

Actually, that's a deterrent from me buying manga sometimes. I've seen the anime, and so why would I want to read it in manga form?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Answerman wrote:
I've never really understood why people get so mad over minor (heck, sometimes major) changes [between an anime and its manga]; if I've already read the manga, why do I want to see the exact same story over again?

Hello, Tsubasa haterz. Laughing

Actually, that's a deterrent from me buying manga sometimes. I've seen the anime, and so why would I want to read it in manga form?

Man, the comparisons between the manga and the anime is rather hilarious. Though there's one thing I like about the Tsubasa anime series and that's the producers made Sakura more involved in the events and not be a useless party member (that's the one thing that irked me in the manga).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2