• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Little Busters Anime Key Art, Kud Wafter PSP Port Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
And this is is a prime example of JC's oh so good quality. God i hope the preview looks alot better.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
I'm salivating profusely awaiting to see Kudryavka animated. Embarassed

Despite the promos, people are still going to bitch it wasn't KyoAni doing the work.

Well, I have faith. There's a tremendous burden to do this franchise justice because there's millions riding on it.

You don't screw with Kudry fans with cheapness. Twisted Evil
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
I'm salivating profusely awaiting to see Kudryavka animated. Embarassed

Despite the promos, people are still going to bitch it wasn't KyoAni doing the work.

Well, I have faith. There's a tremendous burden to do this franchise justice because there's millions riding on it.

You don't screw with Kudry fans with cheapness. Twisted Evil

Im not a kyo ani fanboy (far from it actually) but they are probably the best people to do a key work i mean just look at toeis adaptions and how badly they turned out. Now if key chose a company like PA works or A-1 pictures i'd have a lot more faith but with JC staff doing it and the KMB director....yeah kinda hard to get hyped for what could me a terrible terrible adaption of a great/amazing work.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Im not a kyo ani fanboy (far from it actually) but they are probably the best people to do a key work...

I'd have more confidence in the statement if Angel Beats didn't prove the statement wrong.

It was well done to the point many enjoyed it. That's what bugs me about the whining: people have proof Key works can be done well outside of KyoAni, they just choose to ignore it.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
opn wrote:
Im not a kyo ani fanboy (far from it actually) but they are probably the best people to do a key work...

I'd have more confidence in the statement if Angel Beats didn't prove the statement wrong.

It was well done to the point many enjoyed it. That's what bugs me about the whining: people have proof Key works can be done well outside of KyoAni, they just choose to ignore it.

I never said anyone else couldn't do it i just said kyo ani is probably the best choice to do it and LBs plot is hard enough as it is to adapt into a anime. As for AB i liked it a lot and i think aniplex/PA works did a great job.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
...i just said kyo ani is probably the best choice to do it and LBs plot is hard enough as it is to adapt into a anime.

The problem is, you're not giving me a reason why you believe this. Is it because KyoAni can animate it better?

KyoAni also did Full Metal Panic and the art in that series isn't anywhere near what people are measuring the studio on. Instead, they're looking at a 30 second TV ad and hoping this level of animation quality will be added to Little Busters.

As for the script, that's not KyoAni. It'll be written by a hired script writer, and it'll be their job to work with the studio and director (who may or may not be hired out) to write something which can be animated.

I just think the whole "KyoAni should have done this!" whining is ridiculous, especially when all they're doing is comparing to the other Visual Art's/Key works the studio has done while ignoring everything else that they've done which wasn't a Visual Art's/Key work (*cough Munto cough*).

To put this mildly, look at Toei and its work on Kanon (2002).

It's ridiculous to think a specific studio will guarantee "quality" when everything is based on the budget a series gets.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
Personally I think the art is downgraded compared to the visual novel. But well, that is of course already obvious since it's just impossible to maintain the shading for VN CGs into anime. I shouldn't complain about that.

It looks great anyway. Even though I think Haruka isn't that flat. And Kud looks like blondie.

About KyoAni not doing it, well, let's give it a rest guys. For now on, just keep your faith up in JC staff. Personally I prefer Kyoani doing it too, but it can't be helped. Just enjoy the show.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
opn wrote:
...i just said kyo ani is probably the best choice to do it and LBs plot is hard enough as it is to adapt into a anime.

The problem is, you're not giving me a reason why you believe this. Is it because KyoAni can animate it better?

KyoAni also did Full Metal Panic and the art in that series isn't anywhere near what people are measuring the studio on. Instead, they're looking at a 30 second TV ad and hoping this level of animation quality will be added to Little Busters.

As for the script, that's not KyoAni. It'll be written by a hired script writer, and it'll be their job to work with the studio and director (who may or may not be hired out) to write something which can be animated.

I just think the whole "KyoAni should have done this!" whining is ridiculous, especially when all they're doing is comparing to the other Visual Art's/Key works the studio has done while ignoring everything else that they've done which wasn't a Visual Art's/Key work (*cough Munto cough*).

It's ridiculous to think a specific studio will guarantee "quality" when everything is based on the budget a series gets.

I admit animation is one reason why i would have prefer kyo ani to take it but honestly i just don't like JC staff. Their adaptions a lot of times suck and takes liberties with the story changing characters or events that happened in the original source material. The only stuff i liked from kyo ani were the key works,FMP,nichijou and k-on but i can at least trust them with a key work. With jc i can't trust them when their stuff can either suck (bakuman,aria the scarlet ammo and FOZ) or are good (index and shana). Sure theres no guarentee kyo ani would do a perfect LB adaption but its certainly a bigger chance of them doing a good adaption (ishihara) then JC doing it (KMB director). I'm still going to watch it since i loved the VN but i'm keeping expectations extremely low.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Well gee, Meso. Why on Earth would people be using KyoAni's visual novel adaptations when arguing that they would have been the better studio to make the Little Busters adaptation? Could it possibly be because Little Busters is a visual novel? And that adapting a visual novel is way different from adapting a manga or a light novel, due to the existence of multiple 'paths' or 'routes' and how all the routes tie in with eachother? Why yes, I think it's exactly that.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
well it's nice to kud wafer finally getting an all ages version...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
opn wrote:

I admit animation is one reason why i would have prefer kyo ani to take it but honestly i just don't like JC staff. Their adaptions a lot of times suck and takes liberties with the story changing characters or events that happened in the original source material. The only stuff i liked from kyo ani were the key works,FMP,nichijou and k-on but i can at least trust them with a key work. With jc i can't trust them when their stuff can either suck (bakuman,aria the scarlet ammo and FOZ) or are good (index and shana). Sure theres no guarentee kyo ani would do a perfect LB adaption but its certainly a bigger chance of them doing a good adaption (ishihara) then JC doing it (KMB director). I'm still going to watch it since i loved the VN but i'm keeping expectations extremely low.

Don't forget though, that the production committee generally decides on scripting changes and any major deviations from the plot of the VN. JC Staff or Kyoto Animation only have so much leeway when it comes to these productions. If the production committee tells them to do something, or tells them not to do something else, they don't have any choice in the matter. The animation houses simply produce what they are told to.

I think a lot of people really overestimate how much power the animation producers have in these productions.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
I was hoping we'd get a concrete date! I'm excited about this show and I really hope it turns out as fun as other Key/Maeda anime.
jyuichi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Its Haruka Saigusa not Sagura.

I still am apprehensive about how anybody can adapt LB!. Until we get an episode count I can't get too excited about this :-/

I'm excited for KudWaf PSP. Very Happy
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Just enjoy the show.

You do realize that's psychologically impossible for most of the people on this forum, right? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1