• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which of these anime would you like to be a MC in?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of these anime would you like to be a MC in?
Getter Robo: Armageddon (OAV) [ID #20]
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie (Movie) [ID #91]
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
City Hunter (TV) [ID #384]
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Devilman (TV) [ID #578]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tales of Eternia (TV) [ID #852]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Macross Zero (OAV) [ID #939]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Mushrambo (anime) [ID #1811]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Marine a Go Go (OAV) [ID #6454]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Strike Witches (OAV) [ID #6653]
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
The Roommate (OAV) [ID #6990]
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Beyblade: Metal Fusion (TV) [ID #10675]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream (TV) [ID #12432]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Black Butler II (OAV) [ID #13411]
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Jewelpet Kira☆Deco—! (TV) [ID #14061]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fate/Zero (TV 2) [ID #14122]
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
Because I'm a bit bored and I like fun, little polls like this.

Anyways, which of the anime in this poll would you like to be (one of) the main character(s) in? In order to avoid anime selection bias, I used the following method to populate the list.

Method for anime selection in this poll:
1. Randomly select numbers between 1 and 14561* (http://www.random.org/)

2. View entry associated with that ID number in the ANN Encyclopedia (animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=[insert ID # here])

3. List selection criteria:
  • Entry must be an anime (tv show, OVA, or movie)
  • Entry must have an image
  • Entry must have a summary at least two sentences long

4. Continue selecting random numbers until the first 15 eligible anime slots are filled on the list.

So, we actually have a pretty decent variety on this list: mecha, tournament style, erotica, shoujo, fantasy, no patsu. I was surprised by the number of anime I recognized making it on the list (then again, a majority of the entries I didn't recognize failed to meet all three criteria above).

* At the time these numbers were randomly selected, 14561 was the highest ID number on ANN tied with an entry.

----

List:
  1. Getter Robo: Armageddon (OAV)
  2. Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie (Movie)
  3. City Hunter (TV)
  4. Devilman (TV)
  5. Tales of Eternia (TV)
  6. Macross Zero (OAV)
  7. Mushrambo (anime)
  8. Marine a Go Go (OAV)
  9. Strike Witches (OAV)
  10. The Roommate (OAV)
  11. Beyblade: Metal Fusion (TV)
  12. Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream (TV)
  13. Black Butler II (OAV)
  14. Jewelpet Kira☆Deco—! (TV)
  15. Fate/Zero (TV 2)

----

I am gonna need to think on this a bit before I make my selection. I think I'm leaning towards a more shoujo route though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote
Either Fate Zero or that hentai, so I'll go with Fate.

If not random, definitely One Piece.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:19 am Reply with quote
None of the above. Shocked

Since the beginning concept of many anime (or any drama for that matter) is to thrust some poor bastard in to a situation that ranges from unplesent through emotionally toxic to unsurvivable, I'll pass.

One of the reasons I watch anime is that it is, thankfully, different from my life.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
I decided to choose Strike Witches
I would have to change my gender to be one of the main characters, but that might be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
magmalord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
I put Getter Robo:Armaggedon, because I love the Getter Robo series.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I picked Strike Witches because hey, who wouldn't want to fly through the sky in their underwear? The gender change would be a bit of a downer, but I'm sure I'd learn to deal.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Your methodology for selection is impressively thorough. Definitely not hashed together impatiently when you really just wanted to go to dinner, like some people I know.

*sigh*

Well, this list didn’t include any obvious winner for me. A few were disqualified immediately. I wouldn’t want to be Marine from Marine A Go Go because while I wouldn’t mind being turned into a beautiful woman, all that sex would probably irritate me; I want to get to know a fellow, maybe cuddle. Devilman is out because he seems to have a slight lazy eye in the image and, well, I had surgery to correct that, thank you very much, so I’m not going back. Beyblade: Metal Fusion would just be impractical: I shouldn’t even be allowed to have safety scissors! And as for Strike Witches, well, I wouldn’t mind being a girl not wearing pants, but that’s only if it meant that I got to wear a kilt and being an adolescent was annoying enough once, so that puts it right out.

As for the rest, well, most of them weren’t that interesting.

Fate/Zero might have worked out; I enjoy explaining complicated things that might be interesting at length all at once so they’re extremely dull, but past that, I’d just get bored.

Mashurambo didn’t sound like a bad set up, but it wouldn’t offer anything new since it’s evidently all about ‘genetic beings’, which I’d swear I was already.

So, it really came down to Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie and City Hunter, the former being the only thing on this list that I’ve seen. Being a cool, strong-willed, athletic girl who's good with a sword, has pink hair and lives an world of abstract symbolism set against impossible architecture sounds right up my alley, but then she turns into a car at the end and, to be honest, I just plum don’t like driving at all. So that leaves City Hunter. Sure, I don’t like the idea of being a lecher, but it would mean that I get to live in a big city that has a great transit system, hang around with a cool, bazooka-toting tomboy who sometimes hits me with a hammer and do interesting work with a lot of variety that could potentially involve hookers and blow. Sign me the Hell up!

Does Ryo Saeba wear a fedora? Wearing a fedora is non-negotiable for me.

Well, I'll go with a homburg or bowler for back end points.

I wonder what would have happened if something like Now and Then, Here and There or Nobody’s Boy Remi had been on this list.

Hell, I probably would've have picked it.

*sigh*
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:03 am Reply with quote
I choose Strike Witches because I feel that this is a show where I am least likely to die for being an important character.

Jewelpet is fine but I don't want to turn into a furry little animal. If I turn into the girl with the big pink hair it's fine.

If I had total freedom I'd pick Minky Momo. Who didn't want to be Minky Momo when they grew up watching it?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Hard to say, as far as I know, Minky Momo has never been legally available in the US. I've read about it, but other than some art work I have never seen it.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
As of this post everyone who picked Strike Witches is accounted for; count myself in for wanting to fly around in my pantsu.

I haven't watched the OAV but according to the encyclopedia entry Lynette Bishop (my favorite SW) is definitely one of the MC's.

Hey let's do a roster for which witch each of the SW respondents will be (first come first serve).

Past as Lynette Bishop
Touma as Mio Sakamoto
Binbogami as Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
_______ as Yoshika Miyafuji (available)
_______ as Perrine-H. Clostermann (available)
_______ as Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke (available)
_______ as Charlotte E. Yeager (available)
_______ as Francesca Lucchini (available)
_______ as Sanya V. Litvyak (available)
_______ as Gertrud Barkhorn (available)
_______ as Erica Hartmann (available)

Sorry this is probably going to skew the poll
Anime smile + sweatdrop

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Hey let's do a roster for which witch each of the SW respondents will be (first come first serve).

Mio Sakamoto for me.
I want to be in charge of my own harem of cute animal girls. Very Happy
And she seems rather butch, which works because I am a guy.

EDIT: My comments are based on the TV series because I have not seen the OVA. I hope that the character is the same.

Last edited by Touma on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve as Sanya V. Litvyak

*readies rocket launcher
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Past wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve as Sanya V. Litvyak

*readies rocket launcher
Lot's of people like her and would love to be her, so I'd have to give priority to those who answered "Strike Witches" in the poll.
Binbogami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Strike Witches.

I always wanted to be a flying girl.

Binbogami as Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear. The only one out of the bunch that I've seen is the Revolutionary Girl Utena Movie, and I don't think I want to be in Utena's shoes. It seems the Black Butler OVA has an alice in wonderland theme so that's definitely out. Fate/Zero is a tragedy so no way and no Getter Robo because technology short-circuits when I touch it.

I wouldn't want the weight of the world on my shoulders (the stress would give me a headache) so no Beyblade: Metal Fusion, Strike Witches, Mushrambo, Macross Zero, Devilman, Tales of Eternia or Jewelpet Kira☆Deco—!. So many where the world's in danger! Can't we all just get along?

So I guess that leaves.... hm. I'm a terrible ice skater and Bad Things often happen in hentai so I will also go with City Hunter. That world sounds like it could be fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2