• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, July 30-August 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
So, is the "43" or the "47" the extra number in Nisemonogatari's overall total? ^^;

I'm happy to see that K-On! and Yamato 2199 are still up on the list. I don't think that there are usually too many releases early in the month, so maybe they'll still be on the list for another week or two.

I might have bought Nisemonogatari, too, if I'd bothered to watch the streams, but I couldn't do that when I hadn't seen Bakemonogatari. Maybe I'll buy the US release. When will we eventually hear how Aniplex is going to release them over here? ^^
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
It breaks my heart to see High School Boys sell so low. It was so funny and probably the surprise of the year, at least for me. It seems shows with "Nichijou" don't sell too well, which is a shame since they're hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
It breaks my heart to see High School Boys sell so low. It was so funny and probably the surprise of the year, at least for me. It seems shows with "Nichijou" don't sell too well, which is a shame since they're hilarious.

It seems like the female fanbase only really supports one show a season, and the rest of their shows get little to no sales. Summer last year was all Uta No Prince Sama, Fall the closest thing was Working to a female hit (though that was more of a crossover hit than anything), Winter was all Inu x Boku and Spring was all Kuroko. With the limited female fanbase, I guess they don't have the money to support everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1