• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Berserk Manga's 37th Volume to Bundle Guts Figma

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
when i saw this i thought it was a life size guts (after all he is 6'3) so wow really should read the whole article. glad to see berserk coming alive i just wish Black lagoon would rise again
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Snapped him up because Berserk was one of my gateway drugs into anime and manga. I hope Figma won't let me down...
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
isn't this an english site? why would i want this since I don't understand japanese. the manga is in japanese and the toy isn't going to be anything high quality. i'll never understand why they post news for clearly japanese speaking people on an anime site geared for english speaking people. all the stories about this person got busted uploading something on share or whatever. it really seems like they are short on real news for english speaking anime/manga fans and use news for japanese speaking people as filler. that way the site constantly has lots of new news even though it's not relevant to us. so stupid.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:27 am Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
why would i want this since I don't understand japanese. the manga is in japanese and the toy isn't going to be anything high quality.

It's not uncommon to find anime fans who know Japanese. I took it for four years. I'm not fluent, but I can get by. That said, for me, it's nice to get news about what's being released in Japan now. I can get excited if I hear that a favorite manga-ka or animator is working on something and hope for it to get an American release. (Granted sometimes that never happens, but at least I know to look around the internet then.)

I was grateful to hear about the figure so I could get it directly from Japan now. It was already sold out at amiami and chances are it will never be released in America and my only way of getting it would be with a high ebay mark-up after tomorrow. I wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't a Figma. They've got a good track record and it should be high quality. I am taking a gamble though like I do with any figure order. Most figures are pretty decent if you get them from makers like Alter or Figma, but I've gotten some duds too.

I'll freely admit that the figure isn't a sensible purchase, but I'm a hard core Berserk fan and it will make me happy to look at it on my shelf beside my other Berserk Figmas. But yes, I'm a grown adult who just spent $70 on a toy. Some girls like shoes or getting their nails done, I collect anime and manga.

You can always skip the news articles about things going on in Japan. I don't play video games at all and always ignore the gaming articles.
Kuromamushi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
isn't this an english site? why would i want this since I don't understand japanese. the manga is in japanese and the toy isn't going to be anything high quality. i'll never understand why they post news for clearly japanese speaking people on an anime site geared for english speaking people. all the stories about this person got busted uploading something on share or whatever. it really seems like they are short on real news for english speaking anime/manga fans and use news for japanese speaking people as filler. that way the site constantly has lots of new news even though it's not relevant to us. so stupid.

The majority of the people here are interested in what's happening in Japan's manga/anime scene. So deal with it, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Also, I enjoy reading the news here although I live in Finland and even fewer news concern me than they do the English-speaking fans.

Oh, and someone who can't use capital letters is hardly in a position to call anything stupid.
AppearAccurate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
yes berserk my words how this is HUGGHHHH
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1