• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will Shonen Jump Stay unChanged?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molloaggie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:05 am Reply with quote
Howdy!

I was wondering how Shonen Jump and other manga magazines work. After the sand story ends, when is the next story going to end? The ones they have running right now are REALLY BIG. If Viz adds Kenshin to the mix, doesn't that mean the Shonen Jump line up will remain unchanged for the next two or three years? Isn't this a long time and bad for the magazine? If you're not adding new stuff, you won't get new customers, right?

How about the manga magazines in Japan? Do they change the stories out often?

This is my first time posting a new topic and I hope you like it. I've just had this question going round my mind and want it answered, even if it is a bit silly.
Magatsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:05 am Reply with quote
I think that they would just replace a story when it finishes.
In Japan Shonen Jump is about double or triple the size of the American one and is filled with alot of short stories.
NawkXela

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:18 am Reply with quote
I think that the creators won't be stupid as to add something that was bad to the already great mangas that they have now like DBZ, one piece, Rurouni Kenshin, and NARUTO Very Happy !!!
natsume44

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Actually, if Shonen Jump starts getting more readers, they might be able to add more manga and make it more like the original Japanese version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aurora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:38 pm Reply with quote
We have no real proof that Kenshin will be in SJ anyway...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:44 pm Reply with quote
From http://www.animenewsservice.com/ : For the time being, Jump will focus more on cross-marketable titles, and are unexpected to change their monthly schedule as of yet.
sacchan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:18 pm Reply with quote
In Japan, if the popularity of a series in the main magazine (like Shonen Jump) drops, but not enough to end the series itself, it usually gets moved to one of the other magazines (like Monthly Shonen Jump or V Jump). This works vice versa (if a series gains popularity, it gets moved to Shonen Jump). So Weekly Shonen Jump always have the most popular shonen manga series available to Shueisha.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1