• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chobits manga special features

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:16 am Reply with quote
On Oct 8, when the 8th volume of chobits is released, Tokyopop will also realease a special edition 8th volume with a box to hold all the graphic novels. Unlike the Japanese special edition 8th volume, the american special edition will include a chobits figure instead of the mousepad. No picture was shown for the special edition on Tokyopop's website so we can only speculate if it's the same box as released with the japenese special edition volume 8. Or the same figure released with the japanese special edition volume 7. Information on this special edition can only be reached by looking under Tokyopop's release calendar on Oct.8.

Or go here

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?page=product&productid=1906
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:22 am Reply with quote
yay! well I am happy that they are offering the box with vol. 8 Smile
Rightstuf.com has is listed too, though there is no picture either
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:27 am Reply with quote
this will probably be the first figure of Chii released in america-imports or capsule toys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:40 am Reply with quote
That box will be very welcome on by shelf ~ some of the covers are starting to get dinged up just sitting there. However, since the special edition costs and extra 10$ I hope that the goodie in the box is nice, for some reason I don't think that a box is worth 10$.
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Well Chobits vol 7 in japan was 505 yen. The special edition with the chobits figure was 2500 yen. I don't know if the figure that tokyopop will release is the same one. I still haven't been able to find a picture of the figure that came with the japanese special edition.

Heres a picture of the japanese special edition
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:27 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the pic ~ that looks like a nice box if that is the one that Tokyopop uses though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1