• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 50 Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Volume: 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Odd that Detective Conan 75 didn't reach this line up, considering it had a limited edition which came with a figure paired with the movie of the year.
Source: animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-02-16/detective-conan-gets-a-nendoroid-petit-figure-too

I guess it was too much to hope that Chihayafuru would have a volume in the top 50... >_>
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when March Comes In Like Lion will get an anime adaption. I have not been reading the manga but the manga-ka 's previous series Honey & Clover is a favorite of mine so an anime of this would be a must watch.
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Man Shueisha took the top 13 this time.
Keyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote
Still not sure how Kuroko and Uchu Kyodai got so high when their individual volumes didn't sell so high.
Thornister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:
Odd that Detective Conan 75 didn't reach this line up, considering it had a limited edition which came with a figure paired with the movie of the year.
Source: animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-02-16/detective-conan-gets-a-nendoroid-petit-figure-too

I guess it was too much to hope that Chihayafuru would have a volume in the top 50... >_>

Because they don't include here limited editions. Look at Gin no Saji #5 for example.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-11-14/japanese-comic-ranking-november-5-11
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-11-01/japanese-comic-ranking-october-22-28
Gin no Saji #5 - 514,288 (4 weeks)
Silver Spoon #5 Special Edition - 152,240 (2 weeks)
So overall it's 666,528. On the list it have 520.000+.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Keyl wrote:
Still not sure how Kuroko and Uchu Kyodai got so high when their individual volumes didn't sell so high.

That's because those numbers also include older volume sales. A lot of people must have bought all volumes of Kuroko and Space Brothers that were releasd so far, thanks to their respective anime adaptations. The same thing happened to Sket Dance last year.

What surprises me is that Kuroko is now Shonen Jump's 5th best-selling series, while Toriko's newer volumes still can't break the 500k barrier even after an entire year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1