• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Musical Group m.o.v.e to Break Up Next March After 15 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, too bad, no more Initila D songs in the future then.

Damn, I dont care much about motsu but he and Yuri were a good combination that will be missed, lets see what happens with Yuri,the one that really interest me.

As is usual with bands, after 15 years they simply had too much friction with a lot of things and hated each other by now or Yuri and/or Motsu thought they were the real star and or deserved to win more money or could make in on their own.

All is about Yuri, as long as she continues solo, all good, but damn their style as a combi will be missed.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Well this certainly sucks. Any future Initial D stuff won't be the same without them...
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
My Japanese is non-existent, could someone explain to me why Sugizo, Duran Duran and Nine Inch Nails were listed at the beginning? People they collaborated with?
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
WHAT? No this is really really sad Sad I've loved their music way back!! This is so horribly sad ;__;
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
How I read this: "Motsu ditched Yuri and t-kimura for Maon Kurosaki and sat in ALTIMA"

In all seriousness though, it's sad to see them go after 15 years. If I had to guess though, it's more of Yuri having to take care of her kid or being with her family (recall that she got married and was expecting a kid around 2009/early 2010). Glad I got to see them at AFA though.
OtakuOtoko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Very sad news...

Initial D will not be the same. I am so glad I got to see them at Anime Central in Chicago. That concert sits up there as one of my favorites along with the Utada Hikaru concert. I will be interested in seeing what Yuri and Motsu do solo or with other groups.
Yuri is very talented and beautiful. She could have a successful solo career easily. As for Motsu, he has a style and energy that makes him unique. I wonder if he will start Mother Ninja back up. I haven't seen/heard anything from them since Wangan Midnight.

I hope both will be successful and happy with the new directions their lives are taking.

Lastly, I want to thank them for all the great songs they made!

Last edited by OtakuOtoko on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chunx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
That is unfortunate, and to think I saw them perform live at Anime Festival Asia 2012 Singapore, last month.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
DTJB wrote:
My Japanese is non-existent, could someone explain to me why Sugizo, Duran Duran and Nine Inch Nails were listed at the beginning? People they collaborated with?

In that paragraph they are name dropping all of the people they collaborated with. The first part is mostly talking about PWL records affiliated artists in the old days. The part of that regarding Duran Duran roughly translates:
Quote:
t-kimura also had been working with Dave Rodgers, who unleashed an overwhelming presence in the world of Eurobeat, John Taylor of Duran Duran, as well as Pete Waterman, president of PWL in London.

The last few lines are about the participants in their more recent collaborations, which include Trent Reznor and Sugizo.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote
sounds like someone might be pregnant
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1