• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Announces Shojo Beat Video Label

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Here's Full Moon again.

Apparently naming genre of video after your manga aggregates is en vogue. I guess it makes sense. It certainly seems logical cross-promotionwise.
Crawly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, the release schedule sucks. If they were going to put it out quarterly, they should do sets rather than individuals. Still, at least it's licensed and seeing a dvd release. I was only mildly interested in this title, though, because of the great word of mouth it gets, so the release schedule has killed any thoughts I had on picking it up. Maybe in 5 years when they release a box set, my interst will pick up again. Assuming it doesn't get dropped before then... (I don't really trust Viz.)
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not buying any volumes for a TV series released on a quaterly schedule, even though I'm interested in both HnG and FMoS. It's ridiculous, would take too long, and overall is very annoying. I know that lack of sales aren't going to tell Viz that it's a stupid release schedule, rather it's just going to say that HNG and FMoS just don't sell in American.

Boo-urns to that.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Viz again needs to get their facts straight. Kamikaze Girls has the SB Icon on it's spine. Released in January.

Check out the site: http://www.kamikazegirls.net/
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the series but I definitely won't buy the DVDs separately. Not if I will at all with it being Viz. . . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to the R1 release of this. I can live with the quarterly release schedule (especially since I've already seen the whole series). I just hope Viz actually subtitles the songs in this show.
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:47 am Reply with quote
Time to wait for the boxset~
Miaka chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote
I'm a sucker for anything that says Shojo Beat Laughing so I will be eagerly awaiting to see what other titles are released under the video label!
I don't mind the release squedule either, as it makes buying this on top of everything else much easier on the pocket Anime smile
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the R1 release of this. I can live with the quarterly release schedule (especially since I've already seen the whole series). I just hope Viz actually subtitles the songs in this show.

And we have an answer... per the AnimeOnDVD con report anyway:

Quote:
Started off discussing a bit about the SaiKano OVA and Full Moon (the latter will have subbed songs). Then they moved on to early 3rd quarter releases.

Naruto uncut boxset on July 4th.
InuYasha Movie #4 on August 1st
Maison Ikkoku final box on July 4th

More details as they come in.

Good news. I highly encourage anybody who supports a move like this to 1) buy the series, 2) thank them in person at conventions, and 3) to write them and urge them to sub more songs in other series as well. While I may not be happy with their announced schedule, I'm much happier overall about this release now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely good news. Thank you for informing us Godai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1