• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D.Gray-man on Hiatus... Again

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Is this manga worth checking out? I think it comes out in May, the cover looks cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty popular; don't know if that should have any impact on your deciding to pick it up.

Dang, what's with mangaka suddenly all getting injured? Kinda weird...

>< haha, maybe there's some kind of evil villain hiring snipers to target mangaka ><
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
No really the only reason I'm considering picking it up is because I like the cover. May seem shallow but from experience mangas with the better first volume cover always turn out better to me. *patiently waits for shonen jump preview*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I know a lot of people who really like it, but I didn't find it that interesting.

There isn't anything in D.Gray Man that hasn't been done before, and done better.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I personally like d D.gray-man... even if it was a bit generic i still enjoyed it.

ahh again? I hope he doesn't die prematurely or anything...

get better!
Eku53ru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quote
I'd agree. I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Hoshino-sensei. Sad

Here's to hoping for the best of his/her health!
manafairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
There isn't anything in D.Gray Man that hasn't been done before, and done better.

Even as a fan, I have to admit that that's annoyingly true. I mean, I read it because most the characters are relatively likeable and the art's really pretty, but in terms of story, while interesting enough to keep things moving, it's really nothing special, and the action scenes are jumbled and confusing often to the point where I've no clue what's happening (A problem I can't honestly recall ever having in any of the many other action based stories I read).

It probably wouldn't be too far a stretch to compare it to Bleach in the sense that, while it's got definate entertainment value and a few moments where it really shines, overall it's not really a story that ever pulls you to the edge of your seat, presents anything particularly new or exciting, or even really makes you care that much. It's good, and I do indeed like it, but it's not something that I can't live without.

That said, I guess I'll throw in another "I hope she/he gets well soon" anyways....

(On that note, does anyone know Hoshino-sensei's gender? I've heard that its a man from someplaces and that its a woman from several other places, so I don't know what to believe. While it's not actually significant, it'd still just be nice to know what pronouns I can use in her/his reference, ya know?)
championferret

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote
Awww...
I dont find anything wrong with D.Grayman at all. I absolutely love it, actually, at the moment it and Death Note are my favourite manga from JUMP (although One Piece will always be right up there ^^), and not just because Allen is one of the darn cutest things I ever saw. ^^'' I dont find anything cliche or 'done that before' about it, personally...
I didn't get confused in the battle scenes really...I've never actually been confused in a battle scene except for Trigun and Naruto though.
mysty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I considered it as one of the best manga with a good story line though... It was quite a pity that it is on hiatus again. I just simply can't wait for the continuation from the last chapter...
Well, I wish Hoshino Sensei a fast recovery ;p so that
he/she can goes on drawing again...*lol*
no.. I mean, since it'll be bad if he/she gonna be sick again... Not healthy..
KyoKun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
So, does anyone know if D.Gray-Man has come off the Hiatus status? The anime just started, would this mean that maybe the manga is back on track?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Er, yeah, it is.

Neeeeeecccrroooooo.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1