• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Library War Film's Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
This clip looks like they are totally leaving out all the comedy! Crying or Very sad

I wish the manga was more popular over here.

I wish someone would license the anime.... Sad
vinamara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! Jun looks exactly like Dojo. It was as if he was made for the role.
AnimeGuy1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The whole premise of this sounds stupid but the action of the movie looked good.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
AnimeGuy1 wrote:
The whole premise of this sounds stupid but the action of the movie looked good.

The premise is ridiculous, and doesn't make much sense in any respect. It's kind of annoying when people let this story pass, but have a severe hang-up about girls in tanks.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote
As the roommate of a librarian, the series (the manga, at least), is scarily close to what could realistically happen in this country.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
As the roommate of a librarian, the series (the manga, at least), is scarily close to what could realistically happen in this country.

With Librarians arming themselves, sanctioned by the government to fight another anti-book faction? You have to suspend your disbelief so far to even allow the premise to begin to make sense. It doesn't. If someone (government) wants to take over libraries, they will, and there will be zero resistance.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
With Librarians arming themselves, sanctioned by the government to fight another anti-book faction? You have to suspend your disbelief so far to even allow the premise to begin to make sense. It doesn't. If someone (government) wants to take over libraries, they will, and there will be zero resistance.

I've noticed that anime and suspension of disbelief are two things that kind of go together.... Wink

I don't get all the hate for this series. The author wanted to make a point about censorship, and did it in a albeit ridiculous way to add conflict and action to move the story along.

A story about librarian constitutional lawyers waiting for their day in court, one book at a time, would have been kind of boring and hard to get published, much less sell.

How is there any less suspension of disbelief in this compared to the other based-on-a-novel-series Book of Bantorra? Those librarians had ridiculous super powers and a spoiler[book eating tree] in the basement!

....and this has nothing to do with girls in tanks, ... I don't get the connection between whatever has got you angry about this tank-girl thing enough to take it out on this particular title. Anime dazed
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
But I would watch the live action show!

looks good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1