• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noblesse

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe no one wrote about this I mean this manga is awesome. my favorite character would be rai and frankenstein. Does anyone read this? Question
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps if you told us a bit more about why it's so awesome or why the characters are so great. I mean, you're not really giving us much to go on here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Its about a vampire ,rai who wakes up after a long slumber, he tries to adapt to his new life and he enrolls to a school because the principal turns out to be his servant frankenstein. while the story goes on they protect some kids who become rais' friends and fight with some people from the union which have been experimenting with humans by turning them into mutants. Smile
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Interesting summary. But why do you like it? Is there any particular element that sticks out to you like the way the story is told, plot twists, artwork, etc.?
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I guess that's because of the mystery behind Rai and why he disappeared it turns out that spoiler[ rai is the noblesse, the strongest vampire. ] By the way he gains more comrades when mutants from the union attack them but actually want to change. I think now is the most exciting part because spoiler[ the union has 13 elders and they already killed 3 of them so 3 stronger elders are coming to confront them but Rai is in an unstable condition from saving 2 of his mutant comrades that got kidnapped by one of the killed union elders underling.] Very Happy
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Is this manga available in English? If so who publishes it? It sounds interesting but I have not run into it.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Is this manga available in English? If so who publishes it? It sounds interesting but I have not run into it.

Probably that is this Korean comic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noblesse_(manhwa)

Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
It does not appear to have an English language option. If there is a legal version for English someone should post it.
ryomafuji

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
[links to scanlation sites are not allowed]
This is where I read noblesse it's in English otherwise I wouldn't be able to read it. Very Happy
merrick13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: No linking it to scanlations sites. -TK]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
If you have a phone, I use the app ZingBox. It is a very useful app, I just started reading this manga two days ago and I'm already on episode 160. The reason I like it is because there is a lot of different plots for different characters and I'm also partial to having drama mixed with comedy and there is a lot of this mixture. The mixture in my opinion is a very good balance, but they also have very good characters. From what I've seen none of the characters are godmoded, they are no invincible and the main characters development isn't explained in the first five episodes like I've noticed in some. My opinion is this a very good and captivating read.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
The legal site to read Noblesse is Line Webtoon. Which is owned by NAVER who publishes these webtoons in Korea.

I've read Noblesse, and I like it, but it has some problems. It starts out well enough but suffers BIG TIME from power creep. Like the most power creep I've ever seen in a comic. I have kept up with it though because I do think the personal interactions with the characters are pretty great, I really liked when Rai still hung out with the high school kids because I thought the interpersonal relationships were great and funny/cute. The kids have been absent for a long time now as power creep got crazy and you could tell the writers didn't know what to do with them as they were getting kidnapped, a lot. Right now it is kind of slogging along with endless battles (which are cool to look at) but are lacking the same kind of character interactions I enjoyed in the comic. It is still enjoyable it is great if you like something like a big action/fighting Shonen Jump story that is different in style.

If I were going to recommend a webtoon to someone who hasn't read one before I would suggest Annarasumanara. Which is coming of age story about a very poor girl dealing with going down a path of doing what would be best for her financially in societies' boundaries or staying true to her self and having a more fulling and meaningful life. It has some really nice art, and make great use of the long "page" form of this kind of comic (much more so than Noblesse does). It is really worth checking out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1