• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Slated for March 14 in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mckg1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quote
sweet Smile. Now when is it coming out in NA?
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:53 am Reply with quote
The first Kingdom Hearts is the only one that's halfway decent, so I suppose I can pick this up when there's nothing else around.
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:44 am Reply with quote
I love that game, when this HD version gets a US release I'll definately buy it and play it again since it does fit into my Replay category for video games. Now to wait news for a Kingdom Hearts 2 HD version.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
Why? How about KH 3? Plus this will never come to the US, so I am even less interested.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Why? How about KH 3? Plus this will never come to the US, so I am even less interested.

How do you know this will not come to US? Do you work for Square Enix?

A lot of KH games came out in the US, I don't see this being any different.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr Big200

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

mostly because the KH Final mixes form the PS2 never came out here in the US as well plus Sqare Enix says so
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Mr Big200 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

mostly because the KH Final mixes form the PS2 never came out here in the US as well plus Sqare Enix says so

That still doesn't you should outright claim it come out in NA. That was then, this is now. Don't outright claim you know the future.
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I wish they didn't make each game in the series exclusive to certain systems. I only have KH, II, and BBS because I don't have a Nintendo DS/3DS.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Kiyomaro wrote:
That still doesn't you should outright claim it come out in NA. That was then, this is now. Don't outright claim you know the future.

And the series is popular in the US...they'd be dumb-asses to not put this out on the market, knowing it'll bring them the money. 1st of all, the PS2 games don't even play in the PS3 (need be why the HD version is coming on the PS3), 2nd, you can't even buy a digital copy of it because SE were dumb enough to sign a contract deal with Disney to make this game (Disney screwed them over in the end) and each company is blaming the other for no digital release to happen
Mr Big200

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
they might come out with Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 HD remakes here in the US but it won't be Final Mix
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Kiyomaro wrote:
Mr Big200 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

To be fair, it's not that far of a stretch to assume that we likely won't receive this one state side. KH has always been widely poupular, however we have yet to receive any of the final mixes, and KH HD sounds like it's in the same boat as the final mixes, so going by that logic I'd be surprised if we did get the HD collection.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
What about KH 3? I'm holding off buying a PS3 because of it. When KH 3 drops i'll buy both. Until then I don't need it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
we need to petition so it gets a NA release
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Guess what, guys? Final Mix was already in English (it was released for the sake of the Japanese fans who love Disney voice acting in English), so they didn't feel it was necessary to release an entire Final Mix game in the West. HOWEVER...

The Final Mix version of the game being released in this collection in Japan will have the Final Mix content... but it will be VOICED IN JAPANESE.

And even without that in mind, as a re-release, there is a better reason to bring it over, since it's been a while since the original release. It had nothing to do with licensing or copyrights before--just inconvenient business for the West. This time, it makes far more sense. If they release this collection in the West, I can GUARANTEE you they will not take the time to remove the Final Mix content. It would be a great selling point, anyway.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
It is worth pointing out, that SE has released a re-release for the PS3: Star Ocean - The Last Hope International. Given that the PS3 is region-free, and there are rumors that this will have English-language menus, there's not really anything that would need to be done other than packaging to release it in the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2