• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Honey and Clover II; Live-Action, Too

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear; there will be much clamor from people I know.

Honey and Clover is a good series, though, even though I find the character art to be hit and miss. I'm still going through episodes, so don't spoil the ending for me, or the reason they needed a 2nd season.
Kal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Wah~ I'm so glad to hear this n_n I wonder what the 2nd season will consist of and how the live action will portray the story. Can't wait to see it Anime hyper
AmyNoodlehead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
AHHH!!!

Yayayayayayayayay! (Hyperventilates)

A Honey & Clover season 2!! I really didn't think they were going to make a second season, but I'm so glad they've decided to do so.

Although I'm a little worried if the new season will be able to live up to its predecessor... it will be quite hard to top the first season. And I love how they executed the ending. That leaves me wondering...

~ AmyNoodlehead
shintot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Honey and Clover is an awesome series, I'm at episode 9 right now. Judging from the name I had thought it would be more for girls, but now I'm glad I didn't judge a book by it's cover (or a series by its name??)! If anyone can find a link on the Live-action movie page that shows the cast, I'd be most interested in seeing that! Thanks
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
YAY!! I just finished watching the original and I loved it. I wonder how they'll further develop the story because now that I think about it, they never really ended Yamada and Mayama's story.
Caro-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Actually, it *was* intended for girls. It was shown as part of Noitamina, a programming block on Fuji TV that is geared towards an older female audience. Paradise Kiss aired in this block as well. The creators just happened to make a show good enough to appeal to just about everyone. :)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wowo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Considering its a shoujo manga, technically it IS for girls. Razz

But i like it anyhow. I'm not too optimistic of it being live action though. It'll be like any sappy romantic movie out there.....the humour might not get translated well into live action.

But who knows....if Cromartie could do it...why not Honey & Clover. Wink
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Caro-chan wrote:
Actually, it *was* intended for girls. It was shown as part of Noitamina, a programming block on Fuji TV that is geared towards an older female audience. Paradise Kiss aired in this block as well. The creators just happened to make a show good enough to appeal to just about everyone. Smile

Unfortunately, that's a rarity. Normally shounen animes are the ones that appeal to both sides of the aisle, but how can anyone go wrong with college angst? Wink
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 am Reply with quote
Well this just put me in a good mood hearing this news. Really going to look forward to this.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:34 am Reply with quote
I think they actually call it a Jousei - a manga for older girls/women. Either way, I really liked the show - look at my avatar! Anime smile

It agree that it all ended well enough, but I've always wanted to know what happened to spoiler[Hagu and Takemoto]. And like Romuska, I'd also be interested in seeing more resolution on the spoiler[Yamada-Mayama-Rika love triangle], too.

Man oh man - first E7 on TV, now more Hachikuro! What a day it's been!
ThirdWizard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quote
This so made my day! A second season! If they can live up to the quality of the first season, I'm going to be very very happy indeed!
zhafire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:01 am Reply with quote
Very Happy I am so happy there will be a part II of Honey and Clover! I just finished watching the first season and I completely fell in love with it! I can't wait to see if something will happen between Nomiya and Yamada... And of course, how further they will develop Takemoto, Hagu and Morita's characters! YAY! I am super happy now! Very Happy
therapy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote
YAAAY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy *does the boggie*

this just made my day! hachikuro is one of my favorite animes of all time and i wasnt very optimistic when thinking there would be a season 2.

luckily the producers thought differently! THANK YOU! Anime hyper

when i finished watching s1 it was clear that the story wouldn't finish there. i searched for the manga but it seems no one translated this one (i hope i'm wrong, tell me).

can't wait to see what morita will pull off this season! Laughing
not to mention the conclusion(?) of the love connections!
jeanzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
i'm a big fan of honey and clover... i was so excited when i read that there's a second season coming out this summer... *sreams*

Very Happy
Crucifix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote
Words couldn't express what I felt when I learned there is going to be a second season, I already watched the first season more than 5 times already(sorry lost count)! I even have it on my pocket pc when I get bored. Laughing

I agree it would be hard to top the first season especially with those songs from Suga Shikao and SPITZ, but I will trust the people who brought forth the first season, after all, they did a pretty good job with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2