• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Picks up Bleach

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeJunKi3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Adult Swim and not regular old Cartoon Network? Pretty cool.

This is likely the beginning of another 10+ page thread, isn't it? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Cleanup in Aisle 5. We just had a massive fangasm for [as] picking up Bleach.

I would have never have guessed what the fans wanted would actually happen. That's really strange.
BehindPastEyes
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess this oughta relax some people.

BLOD AND SWREAING1010101011!!!!!!1 YAY!010101

Now as for the studio, we're gonna have to wait on that. We didn't find out until like June when they revealed Naruto's studio as Bang Zoom. I guess that will be the only worry now.
TakinawaTonfa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Good, that'll shut up alot the BLEACHers.
emory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote
BehindPastEyes wrote:
Now as for the studio, we're gonna have to wait on that. We didn't find out until like June when they revealed Naruto's studio as Bang Zoom.

Naruto's studio is Studiopolis.
AnimeJunKi3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote
This doesn't necessarily mean it won't get the usual US censerships. Just hopefully not as much as if it was on your regular CN time slot.
VML

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Woah, that's interesting. I thought Bleach was not as violent as all the other AS anime programming. I guess I don't know much about the anime. I will look forward to watching it (since I'm too cheap to buy the graphic novels and my computer sucks at downloading anime).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
patch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Cleanup in Aisle 5. We just had a massive fangasm for [as] picking up Bleach.

I would have never have guessed what the fans wanted would actually happen. That's really strange.

lmao, well said though.

It was inevidible as far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad my prediction came true Cool

I think they will do the series justice, now all is left to Viz to hire a good english dub cast, and especially for Ichigo. Still hoping that Steve Blum will get the role.
Crescent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote
VML wrote:
Woah, that's interesting. I thought Bleach was not as violent as all the other AS anime programming. I guess I don't know much about the anime. I will look forward to watching it (since I'm too cheap to buy the graphic novels and my computer sucks at downloading anime).

Actually, there's a quite a lot of blood (particularly large masses of it splattering out from inflicted sword wounds) in the anime.

Last edited by Crescent on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChibiSess777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
as long as the dubbed isn't butchered like Naruto, I'm fine.
Zelath

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Nice, it is good to see Bleach get picked up by [Adult Swim]. Maybe it will be good like most of the other animes that they have aquired. I wish Naruto had been aquired by [Adult Swim] too, but oh well.
RyoShin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Zelath wrote:
Nice, it is good to see Bleach get picked up by [Adult Swim]. Maybe it will be good like most of the other animes that they have aquired. I wish Naruto had been aquired by [Adult Swim] too, but oh well.

Naruto was kind of walking the line. On the one hand, it's a show who's main characters are barely teenagers, and there are lots of stupid antics all around. On the other hand, there are some themes that would be considered more "Adult" in the states, like Sexy Jutsu and the amount of blood.

I think it was probably better that it hit Toonami. Toonami moved to the Saturday time slot to be the "transition" between shows aimed at the 9-15 crowd on CN and 17-25 on AS, so it covers the 12-18 crowd for the most part. Having Naruto here allowed for a much larger coverage and promotion of it (you rarely see any AS promotion during normal CN hours).

Had it been on regular CN, Naruto would have been more hacked apart for sure (we would never have seen the episode that introduced the Hokage's grandson), and on [AS] I doubt it would have gotten good enough ratings. However, in Toonami, it's doing pretty well now.

Now, I haven't read any of the manga, so I don't know exactly what happens when the fast forward three (or however many) years. If there are enough changes, you might see Naruto leaving Toonami and moving to Adult Swim, albeit in the very first slot following Toonami. I'm happy with how Naruto is being shown now, though, so it doesn't bother me either way.

In any case, I've not seen Bleach, but have heard a lot of raving about it. Hopefully AS will acquire more Anime so we can stop seeing The Endless Repeating Loop. And then maybe they'll figure out that they'll get more viewers if they actually advertise Saturday during other days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7